"Instant" Ability: Smash

getdownsb

Why do my "instant" abilities constantly get interrupted without doing their effect or damage? How is it that I can execute "Smash" then before it does damage I am knocked back and the ability is interrupted, doing no damage but putting it on cooldown?

BioWare, what is your definition of "instant"?

Edited by getdownsb

This, along with ability delay in general, definitely needs to get looked at.

That and that stupid *********** bug where you're stuck in the Ravage animation not doing any damage, you didn't use Ravage's cooldown and you can't move.

All.

Of.

My.

Rage.

Why do my "instant" abilities constantly get interrupted without doing their effect or damage? How is it that I can execute "Smash" then before it does damage I am knocked back and the ability is interrupted, doing no damage but putting it on cooldown?

BioWare, what is your definition of "instant"?

Iam totally with you, this costs so much dps. Especially when you play Rage and charge your smash up, find a good place to smash and then you get knocked back while you do it, doing zero damage but putting it on cooldown. This is really a design flaw but Iam sure it won't be fixed for some really long time.

This, along with ability delay in general, definitely needs to get looked at.

That and that stupid *********** bug where you're stuck in the Ravage animation not doing any damage, you didn't use Ravage's cooldown and you can't move.

All.

Of.

My.

Rage.

only typing here because the forum won't let me quotepost

I'm really reaching the end of my tolerance in regards to this. My initial month sub is nearly complete and the issues with ability delay, animation stuttering, and "instant" abilities not actually being instant hasn't even been addressed let alone fixed. In my opinion this is a game breaking issue, especially for the melee classes.

Having the main source of your damage rotation that requires a 3 move proc setup constantly nullified because of an animation bug is frankly unacceptable.

I'm not feeling any desire to re-sub with the current state of the game. Perhaps in a few months I'll check back but I'm not paying to beta test another game that was released with major issues.

Edited by getdownsb

I'm really reaching the end of my tolerance in regards to this. My initial month sub is nearly complete and the issues with ability delay, animation stuttering, and "instant" abilities not actually being instant hasn't even been addressed let alone fixed. In my opinion this is a game breaking issue, especially for the melee classes.

Having the main source of your damage rotation that requires a 3 move proc setup constantly nullified because of an animation bug is frankly unacceptable.

I'm not feeling any desire to re-sub with the current state of the game. Perhaps in a few months I'll check back but I'm not paying to beta test another game that was released with major issues.

I understand perfectly your frustration mate :o

I HOPE they do something, as currently it's a bit chaotic to play melee to say the least.

But I think they're not gonna "fix" this before a LONG TIME. They have so much stuff to fix beforehand, best bet is to reroll operative or sorcerer or unsub and come back in a few months.

The worst is that many flaws were said many times but are still present in the "retail" version we have now, and some things that worked were broken :confused: