PLS MAKE A SERVER FOR ENGLISH SPEAKING COMMUNITY (republic)

SStephan

I can't understand the people who are not talking to me

Don't see that it makes much of a difference unless you're a part of the conversation.

The majority of people seem to use English most of the time. But on the odd occasion that someone speaks their own language, nerdrage ensues.

Also, not everyone can speak English, and they're generally looking for people who speak their language to play with :)

Edited by Soazak

Don't see that it makes much of a difference unless you're a part of the conversation.

The majority of people seem to use English most of the time. But on the odd occasion that someone speaks their own language, nerdrage ensues.

Also, not everyone can speak English, and they're generally looking for people who speak their language to play with :)

@Soazak Your a quoting stuff i never said.!!!!

Edited by SStephan

If you look on the server list it tells you what language people should be speaking in General/Trade etc. over towards the right hand side of the screen. For the server I'm on (Nightmare Lands) it clearly says English, yet people still speak in their native language. Yes, it's annoying, but it does tell you what language to use on the servers. I just report anyone who does it excessively for spam. Edited by zozzilla

on realm The Red Eclipse i rarely find anyone who is not speaking english so i see no problems

Red Eclipse was one of the servers chosen by the Spanish community. The first days there was a LOT of Spanish talk (and subsequent nerdrage) in the General chat. But little by little, all of us Spaniards learnt to join a special chat channel and keep our language to ourselves :) and now General chat is 95% English-only. At least in Republic side, in the planets I have visited so far (level 29 atm).

Maybe the server the OP was complaining about has also self-regulated?

• 5 weeks later...

Basilisk droid is getting swamped by Polish refusing to speak english :mad:. It's pretty annoying when your entire chat window is cluttered with "gibberish". Making it near impossible to monitor for "lfgs". Even when politely asked to stick to english or go to private channel some just refuse and say no.

BW should really consider warning/banning people for this type of behaviour!

(And no, I'm not a native english speaker either).