What Crew Skill for Merc/Arsenal?

Ikapab

During the beta i played a Sith Assassin with Artifice, but that doesn't really seem to be viable as BH.

Back in SWG I really enjoyed playing as Shipwright or crafting other types of equipment for myself and my buddies. I'm not primarily after making money, just to be able to create useful things. Currently I'm thinking of BioChem of Armstech, any pros/cons?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Ikapab

well, if I have to make comparisons to wow, I really think biochem will be more usefull in the long run, people always need potions etc, but if you take a Blacksmith'ish prof, it is useful for a certain amount of time, and will slowly be more and more useless as you start raiding and getting gear from there etc.. So my preference is deffenately Biochem, but armstech will probably be better in the early levels, so its up to you, and again I have no clue how crew skills turn out to be at max lvl

So let's say you play a lot with Mako as your companion. If you have armstech you can make her new pistols too, right?

It's either armortech or armstech for me. What gathering skills would you then need?

For Armstech i know for sure that is Scavenging and Investigation

For Armortech is Scavenging and Underworld Trading

Cybertech, Scavenging, & Underworld Trading.

Cybertech will scale best with the game. Gear you get from high end PvP and PvE has always been better than that which could be crafted. So it will benefit you as you level, and your gear will match, but you'll lack the enhancements that make the gear truly awesome (stat-wise).

Cyber also has grenades for PvP which is pretty nice. I think that everyone will have different feelings about the crafting professions, but for me, Cybertech is the way to go.

Cybertech will scale best with the game. Gear you get from high end PvP and PvE has always been better than that which could be crafted. So it will benefit you as you level, and your gear will match, but you'll lack the enhancements that make the gear truly awesome (stat-wise).

Cyber also has grenades for PvP which is pretty nice. I think that everyone will have different feelings about the crafting professions, but for me, Cybertech is the way to go.

I agree. Also, Cybertech has some speeder schematics too. And, if I'm not mistaken, this skill will allow you to craft a beacon that can summon your party to a specific location.

Awesome. I'm going Cybertech for sure.

Amen to that !

had the same thoughts since they removed the inherent mods on crafted armor + i want a nice orange set and keep modding it along the way.

Hmm and I was thinking armstech could be better for mercenary as i started to level it up but i didnt know that cybertech can be usefull as that.

Ok so i wonder if I would like to exchange for Crew skill that could bring more money ? Underworld Trading, Treasure Hunting or maybe Slicing

The cool thing about a blacksmithy type skill is you make stuff then deconstruct it and when u deconstruct there is a chance you will unlock a blueprint for a better quality version of hallthat gear. Like during beta I had a recipe for a purple craftable belt for synthweaving. That I got just by deconstructing the mass amount of belts I was making leveling up synthweaving

does anyone know if can you change or re-spec crews skills?

Yeah you can, open up your crew skills and on the right of their progress bar is a little 'X'. It will remove the skill entirely though, so you lose any progress you did for that skill.

/this

• 1 month later...