Mara Best Crew Skills and why...

shahmat

So I went againt the forums and actually picked Mara over Juggy, Guess Im a glutain for punishment....My question is what crew skills do you think would ease the pain of Leveling a Marauder?

Make my Own Weapons? I never seam to have enough credits to stay current ( I.E. my crafting skill is not making crap of my current lvl, ) this was in beta though and just getting into the game now so...

Go with making Heal Pots since we die 100000 times on every pull?

I personally think it comes down to Artifice or Biochem. Cybertech is great, but trying to make enough mods to cover your armor seems really expensive.

Making your own hilts, crystals, and enhancements are almost as expensive, but still seem to be a little cheaper to me. Partly because might hilts tend to be a level lower than the other hilts. Keep in mind, I keep blues as I'm levelling and sell everything else.

I like Arty/TH/Archo. Arty lets you make enhancements/Crystals/ and hilts. 3 of the 4 items used to upgrade your weapons. Its really nice being able to get those early oranges and being able to put 75% of the useable upgrades that make them better with min effort.

I like Arty/TH/Archo. Arty lets you make enhancements/Crystals/ and hilts. 3 of the 4 items used to upgrade your weapons. Its really nice being able to get those early oranges and being able to put 75% of the useable upgrades that make them better with min effort.

Artifice is good, but I found myself spending way too much money if I wanted to keep my mods up to date, am only upgrading every few levels now. Questing just doesn't bring in enough money, treasure hunting is good, the rich lockbox missions will often bring back relics that you can sell for a few thousand on the gtn.

All the crafts are viable, however the armor/weapon making crafts take an extreme amount of time/monetary investment to make anything good. You'll also be spending tons of money on pots/flasks to maximize your dmg output, since you can't do reusable from Biochem.

Imo, go Biochem on main and do other stuff on alts.

Biochem.

At the moment the other crafting skills are pretty lackluster. They are massive credit sinks without a huge pay off. The best gear/mods is easily obtainable at 50 from dailies, and you can easily stay geared up off commendations while leveling.

Pots however aren't, and reusable adrenals/stims are a ridiculously huge advantage over every non-Biochem in both PvP and PvE. And yes, they do add some extra survivability to our (relatively) squishy class when soloing.

Artifice is good, but I found myself spending way too much money if I wanted to keep my mods up to date, am only upgrading every few levels now. Questing just doesn't bring in enough money, treasure hunting is good, the rich lockbox missions will often bring back relics that you can sell for a few thousand on the gtn.