Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

SWTOR Deadline

Tycoon

Having them also effectively forces you to use them as well. Try spamming for a group in general and see how many responses you get. LFD depeletes the pool of players in your server looking for a group simply because they can log on, que and run the dungeon without any hassle. Look I like LFD and I think swtor will have it at some point. Having said that and this is key convenience always has a price to pay.

I have to agree with this, especially concerning Macros/Addons. For the 7 years I've played WoW I've been in raiding guilds. Addons/Macros were not an option. Many were required in every guild. Most are required to compete at the highest level. So not having any macros or not using any addons really is only an option in WoW for the most casual of players. Not using them is the equivalent of being a mouse-clicker and trying to do hardmode raids or serious PvP.

Another issue with addons, and to a lesser extent macros, is they are often broke with each patch update and almost always with any expansion. Blizzard changes which calls are permitted etc.

The LFR tool is great for the really casual players in WoW. Heck I was able to do all of the new instances on my Warlock in about 3 days for the last content patch. This has caused a large decrease in the people participating in raiding guilds. 40 Person raids to 25 person raids to 10 person raids (The majority of raiding guilds are now 10 person raiding guilds). WoW is becoming more and more casual in an attempt to keep subs.

Don't forget that when WoW came out there really wasn't anything to compare it to so we stayed through the rough times because there really wasn't any other viable option. Once it became intrenched it was an uphill battle for the MMOs that came after.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.