The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Zekioyam's BURN'N'GUT build

Lolyrot

This build is tested and proven. I easily kite marauders and easily slice down snipers with ease. Cut like butter, burn like fire. The High Impact Bolts are the sprinkles on this cake, and the stockstrike is the spice. BAM!

Burn'n'Gut Build

Light um up, gut them like a trout. Ion him down, HiB, stockstrike, act proper with procs, repeat.

Edited by Lolyrot

The largest benefit of the build should come from the extra ammo regen, but I see some weaknesses here.

Your build obviously uses High Energy Cell. You gain in ammo regen and 15% run speed at the cost of losing the DoT and 50% snare from Plasma Cell. You have to waste 3 points on Superheated Plasma in the assault tree to get to High Friction Bolts. Those points are completely wasted. Wasted points make me cry. :(

Also, since you are picking up the High Energy skills in tactics you aren't able to put 2 full points into Frontline Defense which I consider a "must" for solo-style PvP builds.

Oozo, my brother, you still running Tactics? I'm a big fan of the vids. Think you could message me your build (so as not to high jack this thread any more than I already have)? :-D

On topic, the build looks interesting, and I'm sure it would be beastly to have the dots from gut and incendiary running at the same time.

But I'm just so skeptical of hybrids right now. I'm working my way up to full Tactics myself. Even though a lot of people are screaming that it's broken.

Posted the exact same build 3-4 days ago and everyone said that would not work. But i'm still convinced that it would work perfectly.

I posted this guild pre-release and it got bashed for about 2 weeks haha. So when the game came out and I was bashing imp skulls in left and right, I brushed off what others had said. The ammo management on this build is amazing if you play it right. the pve rotation in a nutshell assuming ur procs are good:

Incendiary round

Reserve Powercell

Sticky Grenade

Gut

Ion Pulse

HiB

Stockstrike

HiB

Repeat

Assuming u get reasonable procs, the dps output is massive due to the 90% armor pen and constant use of abilities. If your procs dont show up, throw in some hammer shots to allow ammo regain. In pvp it's basically same thing, but always be aware of what you're fighting. How you act is different with every different class.

The largest benefit of the build should come from the extra ammo regen, but I see some weaknesses here.

Your build obviously uses High Energy Cell. You gain in ammo regen and 15% run speed at the cost of losing the DoT and 50% snare from Plasma Cell. You have to waste 3 points on Superheated Plasma in the assault tree to get to High Friction Bolts. Those points are completely wasted. Wasted points make me cry. :(

Also, since you are picking up the High Energy skills in tactics you aren't able to put 2 full points into Frontline Defense which I consider a "must" for solo-style PvP builds.

That's exactly what beta players said. Now I'm wiping the floor with them in duels and in Warzones. :)

You'll have to post a movie to remove doubts. I mean, the build is similar to what I'm running except that I have points invested in Plasma Cell instead of High Energy Cell.

You should have better ammo regen while I can keep people snared. I'm not saying it's a fail build at all. I just don't like the 3 lost points and the extra second on the Riot Strike cooldown.