11 days of game time then farewell

DarthPeterNorth

I love the game. I just can't stand the loading times for Alderaan, Tatooine and even the Imperial Fleet. I can run other MMORPG with superior graphics without loadings (FF14, Age of Conan).

Heh. You can put up all of the problems with AoC and FFXIV, but the loading screens here are going to make you quit?

OK. I don't get it, but OK.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do you have to wait 11 days? if you have already made up you mind, why not just go?

Read my post a few up. I think that's what most people who who make these threads are trying to say, but don't have the capacity to.

I have a ssd and I get 15-20+ sec loading screens. My PC loads BF3 maps in less than 10. That's pretty unacceptable, considering BF makes star wars look like an 8-bit game in comparison. I've never owned WoW, but when I played the demo I didn't encounter a loading screen longer than 12 seconds. The issue is not the user's hardware, it's the software.

BF is also not an MMO. There is significantly more non graphical data being transferred. If it were all about graphics, video cards would be the only significant factor. If 15-20 seconds load times are unacceptable to you then I don't really know what to say... bye?

I do not intend to pay a subscription for something that is not running near 100%. I paid for the game, because I know eventually it will be great. Until then though, I'm not paying.

You paid but you're not paying. I guess that means you bought the game box but aren't subbing? Seems pretty silly but ok.

That being said, i WANT BW to fix this game because I WANT to play it. I love the star wars genre and I want the game to succeed. I'm not trying to be a nay-sayer, I'm just trying to point out that it is an issue. BW has even already acknowledged that it is being looked at. Don't deny that it isn't a problem.

We all do. Most of us see enough promise in the game and have the patience to expect that it'll be fixed. We're not attention seeking whiners, and won't miss the non-paying whiners when they go. I'm not lumping you into this category, though I disagree with your main concern you can at least vocalize it correctly/constructively. I'm talking about people like the OP that post nothing constructive, just whining, with little thought or constructive feedback.

EDIT: Loading screens are NOT the sole reason I am not subbing yet... haha

You seem personally offended at the load times, while not grasping why they're long (lol20seconds). It's doubtful that they'll get significantly better, so you better come to grips with it.

No end game.

Yes, because every new MMO must have it's full set of features right when it is released. When EQ first came out, Vox and Nagefan were the only end games and they went a full 3-4 months before releasing an expansion with new end game content. Spoiled "I WANT IT NAOW" gamers these days have no patience, acting as if their measily $15 a month is somehow "big money". Some days I spend more than that on my lunch. Learn some perspective.

Stupid gearing system.

I don't see how the slotting for gear is different from most MMOs. Perhaps you meant that you disliked the concept of customizable gears that you can constantly which I actually think is a good thing. I don't know about you but I for one am not the type of person who enjoys strutting around in my uber raid loot graphics, looking exactly like 100 other characters on the server, in a vain attempt to show off my ginormous "manhood".

I'll take the ability to dictate (and maintaining) my character's visual aethestics over cookie cutter or even worse, mismatched, look any day of the week and twice on Sundays.

11 days and we're all gone.

Yeah, don't speak for me please. You're not intellectually evolved enough to be qualified for such a monumental task.

I feel more stupid for reading the first page and these guys actually thinking it is their computer that is making the loading screens take longer.

Also.. let's not forget people actually saying how other games are better because of shorter loading times and that is why they are quitting.

I have now seen it all.

Yes, because every new MMO must have it's full set of features right when it is released. When EQ first came out, Vox and Nagefan were the only end games and they went a full 3-4 months before releasing an expansion with new end game content. Spoiled "I WANT IT NAOW" gamers these days have no patience, acting as if their measily $15 a month is somehow "big money". Some days I spend more than that on my lunch. Learn some perspective.
No, it was more like a year before more content came out.

Havnt experienced one bug or issue on my end. My wife hasnt either so I dont know what your talking about *shrug*. Id rather play this, that keeps me logging in everyday (Currently level 36) then go back to world of warcraft that kept me logging in twice a week for three hours a night just to raid and thats it.

Cire I7 2600k (Not overclocked yet, still need a CPU cooler)

Western Digital Velociraptor 10,000 RPM 150GB hard drive. (Yes, this is the ONLY hdd I have. I dont need any more space then that to have SWTOR, and battlefield 3 on it. I have 80GB free still with those gamess, my messangers, and windows 7.)

EVGA P67 FTW Motherboard

EVGA Superclocked GTX 560 (Non TI)

8 GB DDR3 G.Skill ram

Coolermaster Gold Edition 1000W PSU

Coolermaster HAF X Blue Edition

Im having 10-15 second load times after a 2-3 hour questing run which isnt an issue. My rig runs battlefield 3 on Ultra and the leveles take 30 seconds to load and then another 30 seconds to start so Ill take the 10-15 second load time in SWTOR over the total wait time of each battlefield 3 level of 1 whole minute.

I dont have to post my system speccs, lets just say i made a new system just for this game, lets say i paid around 2k+ euros for it.

i dont have any load time issues (running from SSD), the things that i consider gamebreaking is the skill delay in pvp, and the buggs that really fries my pancakes are the Green walls in the middle of nowhere and the green beams out of the ground.

the green glow after i get healed i kinda like :D even tho it reamins on the character for an hour or so :p.

but as i said im coming back once the isses have been adressed, i just dont like paying for beta :)

Hello everyone,

We do appreciate when anyone has taken the time to express their thoughts and concerns. We will be closing this thread, as there is little room for constructive discussion. However, we do value any feedback and do encourage anyone to voice their feedback on the forums. We only ask that feedback center around Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ - not cancellations.

We thank you for your time and your understanding that we've closed this thread.