The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Why do people consider TOR a single player experience? I don't understand.

Enistre

A number of reasons:

1. The writing goes out of it's way to make you feel like you and you alone are all that stands between the destruction/saving of the galaxy.

2. Everything in the main storyline can be soloed, or certainly most of it.

/shrug. To me, the game is KOTOR 3 with some other people running around that see once in a while. That's not really a bad thing, just the nature of the game.

I do feel as if it succeeds much better on a single player level than it does on a multi player one.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hmmm... strange.. I never grouped with anyone when i leved to 60...to 70.. to 80.. during my so much time spent playing WOW.. When they started the cross server groups, WOW actually eliminated the need to group with anyone from your own server when doing heroics etc etc.. So i really do not understand why people call this a single player.. Almost every MMO is linear and grouping is not required.. Groups are only needed for heroics and raiding... Guilds become your community.. With that said.. I have actually made several friends while leveling in swtor.. I think it comes down to attitude of the player.. Bascially if you make the effort to socialize, then you will make friends.. Not hard..

I don't think Bioware is aware of the fact that many people play MMOs for the community because they certainly are not encouraging it.

Please don't speak for everyone.

I have NEVER played an MMO for community, comraderie, to meet people, pvp, etc.

If this game let me take 3 companions with me and do 4 mans, operations, etc. I would gleefully pay my 15 bucks a month for everything else it offers.

Saying it's a singleplayer experience over a multiplayer one is EXTREME damage control to try and differentiate it from WoW. The game is obviously a multiplayer experience and anyone arguing otherwise is kidding themselves entirely and completely. Just accept the game for what it is, I don't understand what's wrong with that.