Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Who doesn't have fps issues, please come!

ManOfWarTR

I just wanna learn when did u guys installed game client. I mean I downloaded the client during beta test weekend and I'm having serious fps issues and I'm wondering could it be related to downloading the client before beta weekend? Maybe Bioware changed something on the client after the release, if so I'll going to uninstall the game and download it again. I'm having serious problem especially when I go to warzones(fps like 10) and my computer is not so bad

i7 q720 1.6 ghz

nvidia gts250m 1 gig

6 gig ram

Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit

All drivers are updated

Edited by ManOfWarTR

I just wanna learn when did u guys installed game client. I mean I downloaded the client during beta test weekend and I'm having serious fps issues and I'm wondering could it be related to downloading the client before beta weekend? Maybe Bioware changed something on the client after the release, if so I'll going to uninstall the game and download it again. I'm having serious problem especially when I go to warzones(fps like 10) and my computer is not so bad

i7 q720 1.6 ghz

nvidia gts250m 1 gig

6 gig ram

All drivers are updated

It looks like you need a better video card.

i did read that if you were in the beta tests that you should uninstall and reinstall the client tho I too was part of beta test and did uninstall and reinstall the client and also have a nice computer. It has gotten way better since the launch weekend but i still get low fps every once in a while

It looks like you need a better video card.

yes I know I need a better video card but 10 fps is too low even for this graphic card I think. I really don't know what to do I really want to play this game but this problem is prevents me to have fun. Then I'll uninstall the game and download it again If it works I'll write down.

I dont have any fps issues, running wiht 60-110fps all the time.

I was in the 25 november beta weekend an did not reinstall the game.

The only issues i have are the missing hires textures :rolleyes:

I7 2600k

Gtx 580 twin frozr III

16GB Ram

256GB SSD HD

Edit: i did mess around manually with my ini files a bit, so maybe you can try the same to improve your fps?

Edited by Gereon

i7 q720 1.6 ghz

nvidia gts250m 1 gig

6 gig ram

Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit

All drivers are updated

Appears you need a much better CPU.

Min requirements says 2.0GHz or higher.

I can play with a 2.2GHz Duo Core, but I can run into issues occasionally.

Edited by Kourage

Here is my system that I bought in November 2010:

• Intel Core i7 950 Quad Core Processor LGA1366 3.06GHZ Bloomfield 8MB LGA1366 4.8GT/S
  • GeForce GTX 460 675MHZ 1024MB PCI-E Dual DVI Mini HDMI
  • Corsair Vengeance 12GB Triple Channel DDR3 Memory Kit (CMZ12GX3M3A2000C10)
  • ASUS P6X58D-E X58 ATX LGA1366 3PCI-E16 PCI-E1 2PCI CrossFire SLI USB3.0 SATA 6GB/S Motherboard
  • Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro Series PCI Express Sound Card
  • Microsoft Wired Desktop 600 Keyboard and Mouse Combo USB Black
  • Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H50 High Performance CPU Cooler System LGA775 LGA1366 LGA1156 AM2 AM3
  • Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition 64BIT DVD OEM
  • LG GH24LS50 24X Super Multi Lightscribe SATA DVD Writer OEM Black
  • Antec Twelve Hundred 1200 Full Tower Gamer Case ATX 12 Drive Bay No PS Top USB3.0 1394 Audio eSATA
  • Visiontek Killer 2100 Gaming NIC 128MB 400MHZ Gigabit Network Interface Card PCI-E1 1
  • Corsair TX750W 750W ATX 12V 60A 24PIN ATX Power Supply Active PFC 140MM Fan

SWTOR plays with no lag at all, and the graphics look stunning.

My monitor is Dell UltraSharp 2408WFP

yes I know I need a better video card but 10 fps is too low even for this graphic card I think. I really don't know what to do I really want to play this game but this problem is prevents me to have fun. Then I'll uninstall the game and download it again If it works I'll write down.

Trust me, a better video card makes all the difference. I started playing SWTOR on a GeForce GTX 520 card and was hitting *single-digit* FPS numbers at times on the lowest graphics settings. My CPU incidentally is an Intel Core 2 Duo 3Ghz with 4 gigs of DDR2 RAM. I upgraded to a GeForce GTX 550 Ti and saw the FPS shoot up into the 70+ range on *high* settings. The card cost me about $150.

I have a five year old custom build. Windows 7 64 bit, Intel Dual Core 2.6 gig, 4 gig RAM, and a recent addition of a GTX 550 TI 1 gig card. The only time I have problems is in warzones. The rest of time I run with everything set to High and no problems.

I have the following :-

Core 2 Quad Q6700 @ 2.6ghz

4GB DDR2

Nvidia EVGA GTX570HD 2560mb

Windows 7 64bit

Running with most settings on high and the only time i see an FPS drop is when i end up on the Huttball Warzone where it drops to 20FPS , then slowly goes back up to about 40fps. Normal FPS while running around and questing etc is 100+.

My CPU doesn't hit more than 47% load , but my DDR gets to around 82%.

No highend build, but I get around 60-80 FPS:

MS Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1

Intel Core i5 760 @ 2.80GHz

8,00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3

ASUSTeK Computer INC. P7P55D

1024MB GeForce GT 440 (ZOTAC International)

Shadows of.

Edited by asundrus

Any issues I had were resolved when I did the following:

Set affinity for SWTOR to make sure it was using all my processor cores.

Set priority to "HIGH"

Went to Invidia website to make sure I had updated drivers. Do not trust your computer

to do it for you. Mine told me my drivers were updated when they were really two years old.

Turned AA on in my GPU settings. It doesn't make sense but this actually improves performance.

Turned v-sync off.

I have a pretty old system . I have graphics maxed. The only time I have issues is in fleet

on my speeder, with 150 other people around.

Other places I run 40+ FPS. Warzone isuues have GREATLY improved.

Hope this helps : )

Core 2 Duo Quad Core Q6600 2.4 ghz

Invidia 460gtx

4 gigs of old *** RAM

Vista 32bit

Trust me, a better video card makes all the difference. I started playing SWTOR on a GeForce GTX 520 card and was hitting *single-digit* FPS numbers at times on the lowest graphics settings. My CPU incidentally is an Intel Core 2 Duo 3Ghz with 4 gigs of DDR2 RAM. I upgraded to a GeForce GTX 550 Ti and saw the FPS shoot up into the 70+ range on *high* settings. The card cost me about $150.

I have a laptop and as far as I know it's nearly impossible to change the laptops video card:( I already closed shadows but my main problem is warzones, especially huttball and alderaan.

Grr I'm really unlucky I guess I have to play the game like this forever

I have a laptop and as far as I know it's nearly impossible to change the laptops video card:( I already closed shadows but my main problem is warzones, especially huttball and alderaan.

Gaming on a laptop, there's your problem.

Any issues I had were resolved when I did the following:

Set affinity for SWTOR to make sure it was using all my processor cores.

Set priority to "HIGH"

Went to Invidia website to make sure I had updated drivers. Do not trust your computer

to do it for you. Mine told me my drivers were updated when they were really two years old.

Turned AA on in my GPU settings. It doesn't make sense but this actually improves performance.

Turned v-sync off.

I have a pretty old system . I have graphics maxed. The only time I have issues is in fleet

on my speeder, with 150 other people around.

Other places I run 40+ FPS. Warzone isuues have GREATLY improved.

Hope this helps : )

Core 2 Duo Quad Core Q6600 2.4 ghz

Invidia 460gtx

4 gigs of old *** RAM

Vista 32bit

I will try:)

Another thing to try (if you haven't yet) is to change your settings to something OTHER than low, apply them, and then switch them back to low. I don't know if it's been patched yet, but there was an issue where the game would show "low" for all settings initially, even though they may have been set to "high" in reality.

GL :(

Ugh, laptops are notoriously incapable of being upgraded. Unless you can find a savvy enough technician to do it, you may have to look into getting a better laptop. I myself am looking into getting a more powerful and current PC and have looked at laptops. One that I looked at is the Asus G74SX-RH71, as it has an Intel Core i7-2670QM (2.2Ghz) CPU, *12 gigs* of DDR3 RAM, and a GeForce GTX 560M card (3Gb memory). It is pricey (~$1500.00), though.

Actually yes but I have no other choice, I'm student and staying on a dormitory so I can't bring my desktop from home and I have to play with this laptop:(

Try to convince your friends/family to give you that laptop I mentioned as a gift, perhaps? Tell them that you need it for school. :)

Edited by RagnarokJC

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.