The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

BH sheild tech problems

Grimwalker

Ok so i have been playing my shield tech for a bit now and love the class love the feel of it everything. just see a few minor thinks that are bugged. One is of course the Ion Gas Cylinder definitively does not do the damage it should but i did see the 5-6 page forum about it which makes me happy i am not the only one that has seen it. The other thing i wanted to address is the Guard we are the only tank that has only a 15yd range on it which means if i want to guard my healer i am forced to grapple melee or dps targets way to close to my healer. opening them up to cc which would be my fault. it also stops me from guarding ranged if i have a all ranged party which is another thing i don't understand. if anyone else can shed some light maybe i missed something or a reason

Ion Gas is definitely low currently, but at least it can be talented to create a DoT so you can railshot. You never want to waste guard on a healer in PvE content btw, put it on a marauder or sin. If you have ranged you can put it on them as well for the times you are close enough, but even if a mob peels off to go to them you can taunt while it's sprinting about. Obviously still guard healers in PvP, but frequently they'll be up in melee anyways for their own CC/knockbacks, so it's not an issue. Edited by SangraelWoW

I constantly queue with a friend of mine that plays a Corruption Sorc, and together we're basically invincible. Him being with 15 yards has yet to be an issue, and typically you'll be worried about peeling melee off him, so he'll already be in range. Ranged are typically a non issue, and you can always grapple them over. Basically anyone with an AoE CC is already in melee, and anyone without is most likely focusing the healer anyways.

PVE....(it does not make sense that a you would make a ranged stand in melee just to get his threat down) PVP....( to have your guard on a dps or tank when your healer is getting hit by warriors and ops for 7k+ it seem like your realm is not very good at pvp Edited by Grimwalker

I'm beginning to think your problem might actually be reading comprehension and not an issue with the class. I specifically said to guard healers in PvP. In terms of PvE, guard is fine, if a sniper is pulling on a boss consistently and they can't stand 15 meters from you, and they do it often enough that you don't have one of your two taunts up, I suggest playing with different people or learning a better rotation. You are aware that we have the only ranged AoE taunt in the game right? I'll take that over a bit of range on Guard.

we have a ranged taunt because our aoe is half of what warriors is and its not hard to jet charge taunt even if we didn't have a ranged aoe taunt. All i'm asking is for the reason they are half of one another, i would rather have the mobility of guard in pvp and pve over a ranged aoe taunt up every 45sec

You could always re-roll Juggernaut and then you could complain on their forums about a lack of AoE threat. The simplest reason that our Guard is 15m is probably because BW has the impression that we are a "ranged tank", when in reality we're a melee tank with minor ranged capabilities. I've done the Ops available, finished every non-bugged heroic FP, and I'm up to valor rank 72. I enjoy the class. If you don't, it's probably best you play a class you can enjoy. If you already dislike the class at launch its doubtful you'll be satisfied anytime soon.