I love my Sentinel!

SpookHD

Lots of people seem to hate the sentinel, I however love mine.

I'm not sure if it's to do with the lvl of sentinel, or the skill tree you use, bit I'm sure there are other people like me out there who enjoy playing the Sentinel, and think it's worth the effort that you don't always have to put in with other classes, and above all, it doesn't get much cooler than running into combat with two lightsabers!

What do you think?

Lots of people seem to hate the sentinel, I however love mine.

I'm not sure if it's to do with the lvl of sentinel, or the skill tree you use, bit I'm sure there are other people like me out there who enjoy playing the Sentinel, and think it's worth the effort that you don't always have to put in with other classes, and above all, it doesn't get much cooler than running into combat with two lightsabers!

What do you think?

I think most people are retarded and don't know how to play the Sentinel correctly in PVE.

For myself, I've had no issues killing Elite's, groups of mobs, etc, etc. I routinely solo Heroic 2 missions without much problem (except Champions). My down time is usually once every 2 or 3 groups of mobs, less if I eat a Health Regeneration food item to help speed that up.

Its a great class and a lot of fun if played correctly.

I think most people are retarded and don't know how to play the Sentinel correctly in PVE.

For myself, I've had no issues killing Elite's, groups of mobs, etc, etc. I routinely solo Heroic 2 missions without much problem (except Champions). My down time is usually once every 2 or 3 groups of mobs, less if I eat a Health Regeneration food item to help speed that up.

Its a great class and a lot of fun if played correctly.

lol. Try a trooper. You'll kill stuff while still looking at the screen, and a LOT faster.

Sentinels are the elitists' wet dream. Hard to play "right", and even then unsatisfying compared to other classes, and more of a chore than actual gaming atm.

But at least you can brag on the fora on how good of a player you are(nothing personal, just general observation).

Edited by Malchiro

lol. Try a trooper. You'll kill stuff while still looking at the screen, and a LOT faster.

Sentinels are the elitists' wet dream. Hard to play "right", and even then unsatisfying compared to other classes, and more of a chore than actual gaming atm.

But at least you can brag on the fora on how good of a player you are(nothing personal, just general observation).

It has nothing to do with elitism or other Classes being better, it has to do with the fact that they don't suck and are fun to play.

It has nothing to do with elitism or other Classes being better, it has to do with the fact that they don't suck and are fun to play.

Considering what someone considers "fun" is personal, I can't object to that.

But they ARE underpowered compared to other classes. Doesn't take a dps-meter to notice that.

My guess is they will get buffed soon, along with guardians. So if you enjoy the class, stick with it.

Edited by Malchiro

Sentinels are in my honest opionion, one of the most strongest classes and underrated. You have tons of defensive tools and probably is the only class that can properly deal with ANY type of situation. This goes for both PvE and PvP.

As of yet, I've had no trouble with mine, and one especially underrated part of the Sentinel is the Focus tree. Watchman and Combat are seen as the only 'true' Sentinel trees, focus however can he used to devastating effect when used correctly (especially in PvP)

It has nothing to do with Sentinels sucking, it's more of the fact that other classes do everything better. You'll understand once you're doing end game when people are min-maxing their raid/warzone teams and certain classes aren't invited because others do the same thing for less effort while also being ranged.

So really, Sentinels do work but the problem is, you have classes like Troopers/BH's that do about the same damage, don't have to be in melee range and offer far better AE damage.

Leveling a Sentinel is a bit tougher than other classes but I'm sure Bioware will eventually fix the problems the JK/SW AC's face in endgame PVP/PVE.

Perhaps they are slightly tougher to level, but it is only marginal. I certainly wouldn't overlook a sentinel based on leveling capability because it is more than adequate in that area. I haven't gotten to end game, so I really can't comment on that either.

What is frustrating is that other dps classes can sit back in flashpoints and do their damage while sentinels dps suffer from knockbacks and AOE damage because they have to be in close. It does seem like an unfair advantage and certainly understandable if other classes are being chosen instead of sentinels.

With that said, I have really enjoyed playing my sentinel as much as my commando. I like the both for different reasons. I like the variety and significantly different play-styles, since it makes for a good change of pace.

They could add some utility to the sentinel for flashpoints, but aside from that the class really doesn't need any help. Even if there was such a thing as perfect balance, people would still complain. It is inevitable and expected.