The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

PvP Medals as Vanguard Tactics.

Primac

Well, I can tell you I get 10-13 normally for games, but today I hit my new personal record with medals, which isnt hard to achieve in Alderan!

This is abit of trolling, but check it:

http://imageshack.us/f/444/screenshot2012010709584.jpg/

Pretty much shows that some mechanics may be broken atm, still doesnt prevent me from using them as it lvls my valor faster. Sadly we lost the game, as we joined slightly late, but atleast we got to farm abit.

About tactics, its really great, but you sure do need the gear for it. Assault has better burst, but you dont run out of ammo with Tactics, and you all that lovely utility just makes it great. However Im not to sure for PvE dps yet, ill test it out the comming week.

I can highly recommend it when you have decent lvl 50 gear, this spec is way more fun than assault.

Alright... I'm a level 50 vanguard and I feel like a complete noob

1. I get 6-8 most games and think that's pretty good, apparently I've been fooling myself

2. I have no idea how you're getting those heal medals. Especially the 5k one. I've never even seen that before

Well, healing can be done by popping medpacs.. If you have a 2.5k health medpack, you get the 2.5k heal medal :)..

Dunno which ones can do 5k though?

Also a little curious of how you managed a 5k single hit - or even a 2.5. I'm playing shield/tactics spec myself, and rarely get even 2k when buffed.

Vanguard is a medal machine though.. If you're in the thick of it all game through, you should easily get 10 medals.

Oh and I did notice you were defeated in the flashpoint, so maybe more focus on actually playing the objectives instead of medalchasing is the way to go ;)

Edited by theblaznee

Well, I often tend to attract the attention of alot of players, which allows my team to cap points, say if i can solo drag 5-6 players with me, that only leaves 2 for my team to deal with. For odd reasons, I seem to be the target of anyone in Warzones atm!

Now the thing is..... Biochem is really really really.... a must for anyone who wants to play endgame atm.

Adrenals, Stims AND Medpacs.

Now the last one: The Rakata medpac heals for around 4 - 4.8k in PvP, however if you have the Power Adrenal and pick up the Expertise buff in pvp, it'll go to 4.8-5.6k

It may take a go or 2, to get it, but its easy to get in the full run.

From my medal list, you should be able to see whats sorta easy to get, and whats abit harder.

In our premades, this is basicly what we do, 2 of us split from the rest of the group, and drag half their team away from those doing the objectives. This makes us win fast, and gives us ****loads of medals normally.

Well this looks like you just whore medals all game, as you lost. I prefer to actually play with full shield spec, soak up damage, still do as much damage as you did and win the game with only 2 medals less.

http://i.imgur.com/atD4a.jpg

Edit: Oh, and if you want to go for real damage, go assault. I was just testing it for fun reasons in full defensive gear.

http://i.imgur.com/Sd6DW.jpg

Edited by Ishkur

lol luz, they called you a medal whore.

even me as a full pve tank spec get between 9 and 13 medals a game (only 1 i cant get is the 5k crit, the 2.5k is fine with a stockstrike and the expertise buff), and i can also get the 50k protection one with a good healer and a bad enemy team which just tries to kill us instead of going after the squishier guys or objectives.

true he may be medal farming, but how do you farm medals? defend objectives, guard players and keep them alive, kill enemies, the same basic things which win the game if other people cap things while you're tanking the enemy team.

the fact he lost that game is bad, but you cant win them all, and luz can usally get 10+ medals each game, the only hard ones are the assassin (as people interfere), 5k crit and trauma (as so many times i ve got 4.99k heals and have to wait 90s to use it again and lose that much health).

and yes, biochem is overpowered in pvp, free buff, free heal, free adrenal, if used right it can equal 3 or 4 free medals ( the 2.5k and 5k heal, the 75k healing one (although its hard and needs you to spam it as often as possible with adrenaline rush) and the 2.5k and 5k crit ones (adrenals are awesome)).

Man i need dual spec, i so want tactic for pvp. But aint giving up my tank spec for it since i need it more atm.

8sec cc immunity is amazing in huttball if you wanna score with ze ball. Or just for anything else tbh.

6sec on interrupt againts healers are again amazin, and lets not forget gut with internal dot damages. And 15%speed and and and... hmmm

To me tactic is the dps pvp team spec, where assault is the i farm damages score from a distance just hitting everyone.

Getting medals as a Vanguard (or any tank, really), is incredibly simple. Protection gives FAR TOO MUCH medals when compared to, say, healing.

Hell, as Biochem, there's an easy way to get the 2.5k and 5k heal medals. At the beginning of a match, remove your gear. When the match actually starts, put it back on and use your Rakata Medpac; since you don't have the Trauma debuff(30% less healing), you get a free 2 medals.

Also, I've been dabbling into half tank/half DPS gear. (All tank gear except 4piece Combat Tech and 2 Eliminator's implants). I've been having a lot of fun with it.

Link because why not. The top two images are with the DPS gear, as you can see by my health, and the rest are random games from the last week or so. I only ever really queue with Fancypants, a DPS Scoundrel(except for in one screenshot, he went healer for a day). Also, pretty much all of Empire on my server loves/hates me, and Republic loves me, so I'll sometimes get pocket heals from a pug.

Also, I always get 12-13 medals nowadays with my tank/dps gear mix. I've gotten 15 only once, but I stupidly forgot to screenshot.

lol luz, they called you a medal whore.

even me as a full pve tank spec get between 9 and 13 medals a game (only 1 i cant get is the 5k crit, the 2.5k is fine with a stockstrike and the expertise buff), and i can also get the 50k protection one with a good healer and a bad enemy team which just tries to kill us instead of going after the squishier guys or objectives.

I love it when that happens, makes it easier for the team to win if over half the enemy side are busy with 2 people.

I love it when that happens, makes it easier for the team to win if over half the enemy side are busy with 2 people.

This is one of the reasons I love Alderaan. At the beginning of the match, my Scoundrel friend and I head over to the east node, which the Empire usually thinks is a free cap. We kill the 1-6 people they send there and cap it. They really seem to love east, because they keep sending those same 1-6 people to cap it, and we keep killing them while our team deals with what little forces they have elsewhere, resulting in a 3cap 90% of the time.

Me in my half tank/DPS gear, and my Scoundrel friend with Guard on him can burst down anyone within about 2-3 seconds. It's quite silly.

GuyWithForce

Can you comment on your build and rotation, i would love to know it.

Thanks

This is my typical go-to spec(because I'm too lazy to switch back forth between a PvE and PvP spec, so I just do both as this).

My rotation is a harder question to answer. I always to make sure Stockstrike, HiB and Sticky Grenade are on CD(in that order), apply a Gut if they're above 75%, Ion Pulse if those parameters are met, and use as much ammo as I can every 2 minutes and pop Recharge Cells to get back above 60% ammo. I'll throw in a Full Auto instead of an Ion Pulse, or when a target is farther away and Storm is about to come off CD. Mortar Volley and Pulse Cannon are generally saved for groups of 3+ people(I also like to use Battle Focus+trinket/adrenal before AoEing) or to defend doors/nodes. Explosive Surge is also useful to keep people from disarming a bomb or whatever.

I'll only ever use Explosive Round if my target is >10m away, and Sticky Grenade and Storm are on CD, and I have >9 ammo.

Also, of course, use your Taunts as often as you can for free medals.

the heal I can understand what I am really unsure how you got was the 5k dmg single hit. I can't think of ANYTHING a tactics vanguard does that would hit 5k

It requires a Rakata medpac from Biochem. At the start of a match, remove your gear and put it back on, which will put me at 9000/17000 HP, for example. I pop my medpac, which heals for 5050-6175, and I immediately get the 2.5k and 5k heal medals.

It requires a Rakata medpac from Biochem. At the start of a match, remove your gear and put it back on, which will put me at 9000/17000 HP, for example. I pop my medpac, which heals for 5050-6175, and I immediately get the 2.5k and 5k heal medals.

I said i understood the heal, you had a medal for 5k dmg in a single hit though dmg =/= heal im curious what ability hit for 5k

I said i understood the heal, you had a medal for 5k dmg in a single hit though dmg =/= heal im curious what ability hit for 5k

Oh, derp. My bad. Dyslexia acting up, I read that as 'heal', not 'damage'. And... I have no idea, to be honest. I hadn't even realized I got the 5k damage medal Lemme look and see if I can remember.

Edit: Just went through my images, and none of them have mouseover of the medals, so how do you even know I got the 5k damage medal? I don't think any of my crits have exceeded 4.5k (I rarely grab the Exp buff).

Edited by GuyWithFace

Oh, derp. My bad. Dyslexia acting up, I read that as 'heal', not 'damage'. And... I have no idea, to be honest. I hadn't even realized I got the 5k damage medal Lemme look and see if I can remember.

Edit: Just went through my images, and none of them have mouseover of the medals, so how do you even know I got the 5k damage medal? I don't think any of my crits have exceeded 4.5k (I rarely grab the Exp buff).

He was on about the OP, they show a 5k damage. I am in full champion gear, tactics spec with procs and cooldowns, i can probably only manage crits in the area of 3.5k. I would love to know how to crit for over 4.5k though.