Jedi using slave army

Thorsfire

I don't think using the clone army was morally wrong. I see it as a far better alternative then the only other conceivable option to stop the CIS, starting a draft, and leaving the galaxy full of orphans, widows, and broken families.

I am beginning to see a different problem. The citizens got dependent on the clones for protection instead of going to war. sure many pubs would die but the republic wouldnt be in danger of getting bankrupt. In some of the more padme-centered CW episodes, you find out that the republic was asking for bank loans from the IG banking clan to get more troops. By the end of senate murderers, a bill has been passed allowing 5 million clones to be produced. Although with 5 million clones, the sepratists have to try harder to win but if the republic passes too many bills authorizing the production of clones, they will go bankrupt with every planet of the former republic for itself. At that point the sepratists need only conquer each planet one by one.

• 2 years later...
Here's the thing, they were absolutely slaves. Pure and simple. First off, the were living sentient humans beings (many of whom were much more intelligent than the average citizen) who were capable of independent thought, and creative thinking they were just essentially brainwashed, indoctrinated, and their genome modify to make them more likely to follow all orders given to them without hesitation. The fact that they were clones does not change this, all it means is that they were created to be the ultimate slave. Second the were forced to fight for no pay, and the only way you left the Grand Army of the Republic was in a body bag. In fact if a clone was too injured to continue to fight but still alive and unable to recover, he was euthanized. Now I want you to do a though experiment and try justifying doing that exact same thing today. Would it be ok to clone people, accelerate their aging to the point where they will be old and crippled by 40. People who have been ran through live fire field exercises since they were toddlers, children knowing that if they didn't cut the grade they would be exterminated. Then finally human beings who are genetically modified to not have much freedom of choice when it came to following orders. How is not being able to make any decisions about your future and what you want due to the manipulation that I stated above any different than drugging another person and then date ****** them? So please tell me how were the Jedi were the good guys in using this slave army? In the EU there were actually Jedi that said enough and left the Jedi Order over this Bardan Jusik is one (Republic Commando series, they actually cover the full moral aspects of using the clones as a slave army). Now in our own history we have tried to breed the best slaves, nearly every culture that ever owned slaves made sure to only allow the hardiest slaves breed. Then they would take the children from them and continue. Basically eugenics on a portion of the human race that's not much different than what was done to the clones. Then during World War 2 medical experiments were conducted on POWs and civilians to try to make them better slaves. The argument that they were just biological droids is an asinine one. There is nothing about a clone that makes them any less human, and if you believe this, and think that there use most often horrible misuse since the Jedi were crappy generals that didn't really understand battlefield tactics all that well is completely justified. And you use the argument of well they're not really people so it's ok I would love to know who you are so that I can run as far away from you as possible. Because your absolute callous disregard for sentient life scares the hell out of me.

Here's the thing, they were absolutely slaves.

The jedi are not the Republic. The republic was the ones who decided to use the clones. A single Jedi, under the manipulation of Dooku, under the manipulation of Sidious Syfo Dias created the clones in secret. The Jedi do not control the republic. The Jedi did not rule the clones.

Not really...I mean they weren't doing it against their will or anything seeing as they were bred for war anyway.

The clones were made then brain washed. I would consider that a form of forced coercion. Then they had chips implanted into them, so that they were forced to obey orders against their will.

Edited by cool-dude

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, I think this completely lines up with Jedi hypocrisy. They are Buddhist monks when the odds are not on their side, they all become war generals when they have an army behind them though. Though, since some sources report 3 million clones died, the Jedi must of been standing pretty far back...

The Jedi will use any means necessary to protect their order. This includes using an army of clones as meat shields for the extent of their shortened life. They really had no choice, as they'd have to pay a crap ton in medical bills if not. The Jedi cant magically place the blame for everything on the republic, as they are a part of it and do hold a lot of sway in the decisions made by it.