ALL PvP problems gone : DAoC

Poje

Just hire someone from DAoC and copy there system of PvP.

This is my 13th MMO (yes 13...) and DAoC was and is still the best PvP system. (RvR they call it...)

For those who dont know, its Dark age of camelot, it has 16 classes per Realm and they have 3 realms, open area PvP and capturable Towers/Keep, Battlegrounds with a 5 lvl braket, but the best about this game is how the character feels when you control it and the powers/skills related to it.

The best of all, Realm points, points that you gain in PvP and that you can use to gain new abilities, usable in PvP and PvE.

Don't go the WoW path with expertise and other crap, go the DAoC path plz.

Thx

PS : DAoC isnt perfect, but the PvP aspect of it is the closest to perfect i saw in 13 years of MMO playing.

troll

PS : RvR has never been fun, in any game, ever. It always hit a severe issue : performance. Above 40 ppl in the same area, the gameplay becomes sloppy at best, where only pbaoe can do their stuff.

PPS : PvP in DAOC was a joke. But it was the only one at that time, so we had fun with it.

Why the heck do you ppl go on about daoc ? DAOC was CRAP when it came to balance, it was one mez train after the other with choppy and laggy overpowered abilities and spamming around in a pain train pressing 1 or 2 buttons.

Daoc as a rvr game was ONLY balanced cause someone at mythic had the still unrivaled brilliant idea of having 3 factions (just like this game would be equally balance gamewise) and there was no battleground feature.

Mythic crew screwed up warhammer balance something seriously (yes i am looking at you witch elves for the first 5 months and bright wizard/guard combos for the rest) add daoc's individual class track record and they are 0-2 atm and unfortunatly all of us who bought war (unfortunatly even after playing the beta) sees their fingers in this, we see the names of the designers here to and we know what road we are headed in.

if you want to glorify a pvp dev glorify gw1's creators.

Why the heck do you ppl go on about daoc ? DAOC was CRAP when it came to balance, it was one mez train after the other with choppy and laggy overpowered abilities and spamming around in a pain train pressing 1 or 2 buttons.

IF you want balance, then do it properly, but then -> noone will play a game where everyone got the same abilities and the same class and the same armor and where in reality everyone is a clone of the other one. But THIS finally is balanced.

As soon as you got different classes and abilties and what not -> there will NEVER be anything you can call balance, you may come close to, but that's all.

It's already hard to balance let alone 2 classes and making them different the same time, yet it was impossible to balance DAoC.

Anyways, we enjoyed DAoC in europe, even though we were up to 6 months behind in patching with the U.S., thanks to Goa ... but hey, we had a lot of fun.

Like i said, 13 years of playing MMO and DAoC is the best PvP experience i had.

Was the game perfect ? No.

But its still the best system, FAR better then WoW and 100 times better then what we have in SWTOR.

Im just saying to take the best ideas of RvR in DAoC and use them.