Light Armor Hoods/Skirt for Marauder

oburn

Just wondering if anyone can answer this question, how much of a decrease in damage reduction do we take if we wear any light armor pieces? Like a lot of people, I want my sith to wear a hood, so I got the level 40 pvp light armor hood and put it on my sith, and later got the pants(skirt type) that matches it to wear. I have my mods put in it, and wearing the 2 pieces of light armor, the rest is all medium. So I'm wondering if anyone else has done this and if they've noticed they are taking more damage then normal.

I'm Anni spec, lvl 45.

Yeah I went back to the full medium armor for now because I got that red orange helmet from Belsavis last night and I have the red and black chest with the red and black cape and red and black legs. I logged and havn't gotten a chance to fight anything yet to see a difference, but I know with the light chest and legs on, I loss 299 armor rating and about 1.67% damage reduction, so I'm not sure how much of a difference those numbers make.

Not a heck of a lot really.

In comparable gear the difference between Heavy Armor and Medium Armor, not counting things like Ion Cylinder or various tanking forms, is 5% mitigation. 5% Energy and Kinetic mitigation, armor doesn't affect Elemental or Internal.

The difference between Medium and Light is even smaller.

Not a heck of a lot really.

In comparable gear the difference between Heavy Armor and Medium Armor, not counting things like Ion Cylinder or various tanking forms, is 5% mitigation. 5% Energy and Kinetic mitigation, armor doesn't affect Elemental or Internal.

The difference between Medium and Light is even smaller.

Yeah thats what I thought, doesn't seem to be a big difference. So am I to assume that in this game, unlock WOW, you don't lose stats or bonuses for not wearing the same type or armor?