GTN Terminals- There aren't enough

TheNevet

I can understand the need to deliver the physical contents via a mailbox but I'm surprised that in a galaxy far far away, in a sci fi setting, that you can't have access to the GTN via your starship. "Even in the future nothing works!"

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We definitely need more GTN hubs.

Especially: We need more neutral Hubs.

If the location is related to hutts or smugglers - than there should stand the neutral GTN hub.

I wouldn't even mind more than one per planet. Surely a huge city like Correlia needs to have multiple republican and neutral GTN access points!

If you could choose 3 places where to add a GTN for your faction, which would those be?

Near every medical droid vendor.

Stims and Med packs sold by these vendors near main questing areas are setting the upper limit on prices we can sell our green medpacks for. the medpack market is then only blues or purples and for the greens unless you RE them its a battle of the lowest bidder going against the Medical Supplies Vendor Droids and the GTN kiosks being in so far far away places and not everywhere i rather buy stims and packs from these droids.

But even taht is coming to an end since I have done what most have too, switch to Biochem and go for the reusable purples and be done buying medpacks off the vendors.

If you could choose 3 places where to add a GTN for your faction, which would those be?

Every spaceport. Nice and easy. That makes pretty much every player a quick travel or speeder trip away from GTN.

Granted that's not 3... but yeah.

Edited by DrManse

I think this is not just an issue of "where do we want GTN terminals". A point that keeps coming up is how long it takes to get anywhere.

Sure, a lot of us are spoiled by wow. Almost 500% flying speed (all in all), portals, well-placed zones and capital cities, plus 15-minute hearthstone, and that's for classes without additional teleports.

But it really is quite a pain to have to get to the spaceport, then run (on foot) through the spaceport, have a quick loading screen for getting to your hangar, run up to your ship, have a not-so-quick loading screen for your ship, fly to the fleet, have another loading screen for landing, run out, take the elevator, mount up, go where you want to go.

And then the same procedure in reverse order to get back to where you were!

I don't even wanna think about what that's like on a slow computer!

GTN on my ship? Sure, that's just 2 loading screens AND running to and from my ship AND getting to and from the spaceport. It's not good enough until I can quicktravel to my ship. :p

Possible ideas (not without problems of their own, I know):

a) The fleet pass and especially the quick travel cooldowns are too high. Make it an hour or 30 minutes for fleet and a maximum of 10 minutes for Quick travel and you don't have to add a single GTN terminal except on the worlds that don't have one yet.

b) Don't give us worlds without GTN terminals! That's just horrible!

c) Too many loading screens. Give us an option to travel from planet to planet without actually seeing the inside of the ship if we don't want to.

d) No speeders in spaceports. Seriously, that has to go!

e) Link Nar Shaddaa with either the Hutta-neutral or the faction GTNs. Pu-leeeze! :)

Main spaceports. Alright, Quesh isn't really that important so it can be excluded if need be.

The simple matter is just that the traveltime is far too long considering that you have to return as well.

Having listed purple gear with good stats for surprisingly low prices, and not selling them for 15 levels is plain old silly. The last listing was a mere 500 creds more than vendoring just to check if there was even anyone out there looking. But I should have expected that given how I couldn't find any crafted stuff aside from a few crystals.

Literally I have had little reason to visit the GTN, despite having found stuff to sell.

I don't mind going back to the Fleet and seeing other players now and then. As a lvl 50 I really don't have any reason to go to Nar Shaddaa, but it's handy to check cross-faction item availability. As for the 3rd location, I would have to say Ilum. Since it's lvl 50 and probably the most frequented planet once at higher levels. Belsavis wouldn't be a bad place either as there are so many dailies to be done there once lvl 50 is reached.

3 New locations

Alderaann

Coreillia

Ilum

Also being able to shop across the galaxy between the factions would be cool maybe I want a crafted Cyan Gem from the republic or what ever... Just more fun that way.

Also I like the ship idea for a price.

The terminals on Nar Shadda should connect to both GTN's

Definitely one at every major city on each planet.

The GTN also needs to be cross faction, there should only be one GTN accessible to everybody

Honestly this whole game feels like a dying MMO right before free to play economically: everyone hates to do this but at this stage, WoW's auction house was *teeming* with items, because to get to the auction you only had to press your hearth stone, not press your hearthstone -> walk (BECAUSE SPEEDERS ARENT ALLOWED!) to your spaceship, set course for the fleet, and then speeder to the GTN and repeat the whole thing in reverse to continue leveling

Maybe the emergency fleet pass should be abolished and you should let us use our fast travel to go to the fleet if we want? It seems incredibly arbitrary as is (and the ship still gets a lot of usage, as you have to take it back)

Edited by impyawake

This is an out of the box suggestion, but since you asked...

I'd actually like to see it as a right-click option to send out your companion. So you right-click on the companion and choose "Sell on item(s) Galactic Trade Network". It launches up the (horrible) GTN interface and works as it normally does. However, there is an additional fee (i.e. Fuel Cost) based on the similar metrics used for space flight from planet to planet. When you are done editing the cost, duration and such it will ask if you want to sell another item or finish. In addition, to the Fuel Cost for each item the companion will be gone for 5 to 10 minutes.

Another suggestion I have (outside of the GTN) is for companions to have the ability to store stuff in your Cargo Hold. You choose the option, it launches the Cargo Hold and for each item you place in the companion is gone for x number of minutes.

I think this is not just an issue of "where do we want GTN terminals". A point that keeps coming up is how long it takes to get anywhere.

Sure, a lot of us are spoiled by wow. Almost 500% flying speed (all in all), portals, well-placed zones and capital cities, plus 15-minute hearthstone, and that's for classes without additional teleports.

But it really is quite a pain to have to get to the spaceport, then run (on foot) through the spaceport, have a quick loading screen for getting to your hangar, run up to your ship, have a not-so-quick loading screen for your ship, fly to the fleet, have another loading screen for landing, run out, take the elevator, mount up, go where you want to go.

And then the same procedure in reverse order to get back to where you were!

I don't even wanna think about what that's like on a slow computer!

GTN on my ship? Sure, that's just 2 loading screens AND running to and from my ship AND getting to and from the spaceport. It's not good enough until I can quicktravel to my ship. :p

Possible ideas (not without problems of their own, I know):

a) The fleet pass and especially the quick travel cooldowns are too high. Make it an hour or 30 minutes for fleet and a maximum of 10 minutes for Quick travel and you don't have to add a single GTN terminal except on the worlds that don't have one yet.

b) Don't give us worlds without GTN terminals! That's just horrible!

c) Too many loading screens. Give us an option to travel from planet to planet without actually seeing the inside of the ship if we don't want to.

d) No speeders in spaceports. Seriously, that has to go!

e) Link Nar Shaddaa with either the Hutta-neutral or the faction GTNs. Pu-leeeze! :)

This, this, a million times this. Travel time to get anywhere is the single biggest problem I have with this game. I don't want to spent half an hour walking and waiting on loading screens. That's not fun.

I don't mind the current amount of GTN Terminals - my only pet peeve is there is not a "neutral" place for both factions to sell items...

I'd like to see that IG over more of them in random places...

Doesnt the NS one do that?

If not it should!

Edited by impyawake

I don't mind the current amount of GTN Terminals - my only pet peeve is there is not a "neutral" place for both factions to sell items...

I'd like to see that IG over more of them in random places...

The Nar Shaddaa GTN is nuetral and can be accessed by both factions - and is a completely seperate market from the other two. Of course, there is NO in game info on this and it isn't even clear that the existing republic/empire markets are faction restricted.

They really need to change ALL GTN's to be cross faction, restricting trade to one side or the other just cuts the possible server economy in half, especially since republic only items/crafting recipes can drop for empire players and vice versa - I see TON's of sith only recipes for sale on the coruscant GTN and pity those players who don't understand that they will never sell.

I put up with a split faction market in City of Heroes/Villains for years with the result that the CoV market always sucked, since there where fewer players villainside to keep things on the market - and this was with a market that was cross SERVER even. When they finally merged the markets with the going rogue expansion it was awesome.

So the current split market needs to end ASAP - I would prefer a cross server market even but recognize that with the current load of players that might be to much, especially if the GTN was never designed that way.

After the split market problem is corrected then at a minimum put at least 1 terminal in every spaceport . Just this alone will probably result in a huge increase in market use - clean up your sucky search UI and it will get even better.

• Alderaan

• Ilum

• Ship Access

Alderaan because it's a Major Planet, these people are supposed to be stupid rich but don't support trade?

Ilum it's a End Game area, makes sense.

Ship Access. I've got a Holo-Terminal, I can holo-chat someone in real time across the galaxy with no latency but I can't shop E-bay in a galaxy far, far away from my ship?

Additionally GTN needs to be all cross faction, with my Jedi Consular, I find Red Crystal Nodes, much more often than Blue or Green and get DS restricted drops more often than LS, my major market is the other faction! The same holds true with my Sith Warrior, I keep getting LS drops that I can't use or really sell because there aren't enough Light Side Imps. The Galactic Trade Network isn't all that Galactic if it's faction restricted, more like a "Republic Trade Network" and an "Imperial Trade Network" with a much smaller "Hutt Cartel Trade Network" floating around being mostly ignored.

yeah most testers said it was too easy mode, so theyre gone.

Do you have any idea what you are even talking about? They were removed in the same build that the search feature (albeit minimum 2 filters deep in the interface) was put back in the GTN. Testers did not like the change. There were numerous, long threads about it.

In the build prior to their removal from the other planets, the mail and GTN spent a good portion of the time broken. But it still managed to be more actively used than in the following builds where it worked, but was less accessible, even though there was a larger testing population at that point.

This was not a tester decision, though I know people love to claim as much with any change made. My guess is that they have had issues handling the load from that much use (especially with search, and the reason it is only usable once you've filtered down the database twice), so they reduced the access points in order to minimize simultaneous use.

Oh, and as for where I would like to see them: every planet, either in the spaceport or market area of the primary city for the faction (ie, Anchorhead for Republic Tattooine), pretty similar to what it was before they removed them.

Edited by Vodalus