Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

C2-N2 Needs to stop talking.

DanJones

I wish they would just give him a room in the crew quarters area, like they do the other companions, rather than having him in the "butler" position, telling me how he's adjusted the caloric intake because some of the crew are getting a bit thick (is that a fat crack robot?) and adding extra padding to the seat cushions, and he'll go down with the ship. If he's going to be a butler, than do something useful, like tell me when I have an incoming holoconference?

He's not getting fixed in the way I want him to, nor does the way he's getting fixed even relate to what I'm talking about.

The patch just says his dumb dialogue won't play when he gets back from crafting while in combat.

I still don't want him to talk every time I enter or leave my ship.

Edited by DanJones

Really, out of all things you could complain about you complain about something extremely stupid.

No it's not really, out of everything I encounter in the game his incessent talking when I enter my ship makes me grind my teeth. If I had the option i'd sell the droid for scrap

Aye, he is annoying as hell. But try using him as a companion out in the field. Every time he casts a healing spell, which is all the time, he says the same line. Every time. "excellent, i was just wondering what I could do to please you.""excellent, i was just wondering what I could do to please you.""excellent, i was just wondering what I could do to please you.""excellent, i was just wondering what I could do to please you." It will drive you insane!

Basically everything he says irritates me, and he's in a place on my ship that I obviously have to pass by every single time I leave and enter owning a Thunderclap.

Give me an option to rip out his vocal processor via dialogue chat cutscene things, or just disable it permanantly OR even just move him.

Something's got to change about him though, that's for sure.

Yeah. That was on 'wish list for the next patch' post. I am so tired of hearing him everytime I'm on the ship.... I'll sleep in the hanger when I log off rather than deal with his simpering....

the annoyance of C2-N2's babbling reminded me of the scene in star wars where Han and Leia told C3P0 to shaddap! at the same time.

Lol. And even they shut him off from time to time.

I'd love a full animation to do this, and then when I turn him back on, he can be like "At your... huh, did forget to pay the electric bill? Oh me, oh my, how will I ever make amends for my incompetence!"

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.