The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Swtor....bored already. reasons

nhffmn

I agree with you said OP, Actually i haven't even logged in for about 2 weeks now, i got bored out of my mind by lvl 32 not because of the bugs, not because of the ui, not because of the classes not even because they treat eu players like crap but just because the pve is mind numbingly repetitive more so than any other game i have played in my entire life even tetris has more going on than doing the same single quest from 1 to 50. Regardless you wont find anyone admitting this on here only the rabid fan boys will respond and of course they will also bring wow into the conversation because apparently they have some odd obsession with it.

The annoying thing is if this was a single player game id be playing it for the story, but as a mmo its scrapping the bottom of the barrel in terms of immersion and game play.

I would love to get a list of every quest in this game and the details of what it requires you to do so people can see you are doing the same thing every time !

Im just getting my 50 euro worth from reading these forums.

thanks honestly,

and your right i dont think i mentioned anything about WoW lol

have you played kotor series, maybe thats what i wish this was. there basically the same thing but only story and suspense...not grinding

and yes i hope they spend my $75 well on upgrades for the future players

I'm not bored of the game so much as tired of the slog the game slows down to for me around lvl 26. None of my different characters are much fun once the grind and "rest after every fight" combine to keep me from wanting to log in already. The game is great until the mid-late 20's then just takes a nosedive for me personally.

i totally agree with you I made every class except imp agent and there all 25-35, guess thats just a sign that your right and it gets horridly repetitive and boring

Just IMO, but you consolidate too much of the population, there are going to be problems with enough resources, mobs, bosses for everyone. As it is now, for the bonus quests of kill x amount of whatever mob, there is usually competition for it.

I agree with you said OP, Actually i haven't even logged in for about 2 weeks now, i got bored out of my mind by lvl 32 not because of the bugs, not because of the ui, not because of the classes not even because they treat eu players like crap but just because the pve is mind numbingly repetitive more so than any other game i have played in my entire life even tetris has more going on than doing the same single quest from 1 to 50. Regardless you wont find anyone admitting this on here only the rabid fan boys will respond and of course they will also bring wow into the conversation because apparently they have some odd obsession with it.

The annoying thing is if this was a single player game id be playing it for the story, but as a mmo its scrapping the bottom of the barrel in terms of immersion and game play.

I would love to get a list of every quest in this game and the details of what it requires you to do so people can see you are doing the same thing every time !

You made it to lv 32 by the end of early access?? No wonder you were bored!!!!! Try taking your time and not using the space bar during every conversation.

I started on the first day of early access and I am still only lv 37 on main and lv 24 on second toon.

Someone please tell me that i am not the only one thats bored of this game...

1. Repetitive questing, run out do this and that then come back and do it for someone else. Yah its not go kill 5 of these and retrieve 2 of that but come on its the same feeling...

2. Honestly why do people pvp, you know its for grinding without quests not for the fun.

3. Lack of people, COMBINE SERVERS, even on the fullest servers with wait times theirs only a few people here and their.

4. Gear....i love mmos because you get to show off your weapon and awesome gear you found in a dungeon/raid. come on now, lightsaber=having same weapon from 10 --> 50

not to mention how awfully similar all the armor and robes look.....

5. storyline...actually not gonna lie gets exciting and fun at times. but when you must do four different irrelevant quests just to get to the level and do the story quests...thats what ruins it. if all you had to do was storyline like kotor and kotor2 i would enjoy it more. and yes i do realize that its an mmo and it would go way to fast but come on im forgetting where i was in the story by the time i get to the next cutscene.

sorry just had to get that off my chest it was awesome non stop fun at first but by level 30 it comes to a full forced effort to play. and yes i know you want to say "if you dont like it dont play it". dont worry im not.

thanks bioware, lucas arts, and ea for the week of fun. <-----(not sarcasm)

try crafting for better gear. Its all about orange gear and purplr mods and enhancements. If u are wearing blues and greens then u have alot of work left.

Well he is right, I have witnessed our guild who was 125 online at start already reduced to 12 and 13 on at times. Also most say it's the worst mmo to play as there is no bracketing in pvp and some bugs that are stopping them from questing. Oh well it was a good try and I also will be canceling after the 30 freebie days to try and find something else. Maybe come back in about 3 months if they do a free trial and see if it's better. Oh well good luck all

obviously u dont craft and have crap green and blue gear.

i wont lie i have also found myself rather bored, and before people moan, i have done every quest on every planet, done my story line, done pvp done pve, level 50 sith sorcerer healer and have cleared all raids on normal/hardmode and already full geared (got lucky with drops) i just find myself really bored, i got bored after 30 but kinda forced my way through (one to finish the story as i found my personal story awesome) and for some good end game content which sadly isnt there, i literally log on now for raids.

I dont even want to make another character as this game is very linear i will have to do certain planets in certain orders to get levels and to my class quest, whereas with other games you had the option of 2 or 3 differant area zones for say level 20-25

but that is just my opinion so it wont count, i do see appeal in the gain and by now means would tell people dont play it, but i think at the moment it has limited replay value

I don't know why i bother even reading these. I get it. I get bored with games. Some are awful. Some I pay a bunch for. Fable 3 was an abortion. Know what I did? I uninstalled it and shelved it. Know what I didn't do? Go into a large room and yell as loud as I could trying to make everyone in the world feel the same way as me in order to feel validated. Today's public schools I guess. "everyone has to be like me or.... something, i don't know what."

i totally agree with you I made every class except imp agent and there all 25-35, guess thats just a sign that your right and it gets horridly repetitive and boring

You have 8 toons and each of them is around lv 25-35. Your problem is not the game, but you have burned yourself out. You need to take some time off. If you have leveled 8 toons to lev 25-35 then you have spent a good majority of your life in front of this computer for the past 3 week. Go see a movie, go play a different game get a fresh set of legs and just relax. I have no idea how anyone could have 8 toons at lv 25-35 at this early stage of the game. I play every day for about 4-5 hours and I have only reached lv 37 on 1 toon and lv 24 on my second. maybe you are rushing and not enjoying the what the quest are about or have grinded xp in PVP, so now you are too high for your current class quest so it’s easy and offers no challenge. But either way, 8 toons at lev 25-35 each, yeah, go rent some nasty private time video and take a break! Maybe afterwards, when you return, you will be refreshed and can continue. .

i wont lie i have also found myself rather bored, and before people moan, i have done every quest on every planet, done my story line, done pvp done pve, level 50 sith sorcerer healer and have cleared all raids on normal/hardmode and already full geared (got lucky with drops) i just find myself really bored, i got bored after 30 but kinda forced my way through (one to finish the story as i found my personal story awesome) and for some good end game content which sadly isnt there, i literally log on now for raids.

I dont even want to make another character as this game is very linear i will have to do certain planets in certain orders to get levels and to my class quest, whereas with other games you had the option of 2 or 3 differant area zones for say level 20-25

but that is just my opinion so it wont count, i do see appeal in the gain and by now means would tell people dont play it, but i think at the moment it has limited replay value

you have stronger will than i do, i hit the lvl 30 wall but just couldnt get through. and i think it would be more fun at 50 because of raids and more group play, and you are right with the multiple level zones that would be more fun not having to do quest line if you dont like, but it would split community up even more

thanks honestly,

and your right i dont think i mentioned anything about WoW lol

have you played kotor series, maybe thats what i wish this was. there basically the same thing but only story and suspense...not grinding

and yes i hope they spend my $75 well on upgrades for the future players

I have played kotor its one of my favorite it games, i actually own every bioware game going back to BG1 i have every one of their game except dragon age 2. I like this game and im not trolling despite what some people might think. Im really just disappointed with this game its like they just "what about quests ? oh yeah its an mmo right.. so just copy and paste that kill quest and throw some bonus pops in .. mmo players really like to do kill quests" Its just utter laziness and insulting to think that bioware thinks this is good gameplay.

You have 8 toons and each of them is around lv 25-35. Your problem is not the game, but you have burned yourself out. You need to take some time off. If you have leveled 8 toons to lev 25-35 then you have spent a good majority of your life in front of this computer for the past 3 week. Go see a movie, go play a different game get a fresh set of legs and just relax. I have no idea how anyone could have 8 toons at lv 25-35 at this early stage of the game. I play every day for about 4-5 hours and I have only reached lv 37 on 1 toon and lv 24 on my second. maybe you are rushing and not enjoying the what the quest are about or have grinded xp in PVP, so now you are too high for your current class quest so it’s easy and offers no challenge. But either way, 8 toons at lev 25-35 each, yeah, go rent some nasty private time video and take a break! Maybe afterwards, when you return, you will be refreshed and can continue. .

your right there i guess but you can just space bar through non class quests once you have done them which saves hours. and i was on a winter break for a week so i had plenty of time to play

Hi everyone,

We are going to go ahead and close this thread. We greatly appreciate your feedback regarding Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ and we thank you for sharing it with us.

However, we do have a main thread for feedback and suggestions which we strongly encourage you to please post your feedback in.

You can find that thread here.

Please do share your feedback with us in the above linked thread. We will go ahead and close this now. Thank you!