The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

I see a lot of 21/2/18 and full pyro builds. Any more tanky builds working?

Hyperius

These two specs are worlds apart. It's not only the spec but 21/2/18 and 4/6/31 both have different itemization.

21/2/18 would likely use either Combat Tech or Supercommando pvp sets. Hybrid with Eliminator set isn't as effective as Combat Tech or Supercommando since Railshot on hybrid does roughly half of the damage of RS with 4/6/31.

On the other hand, 4/6/31 uses Eliminator set for the 15% crit RS bonus. It has no jet charge, but the dps in both sustained and burst are higher. The heat management is more challenging with 4/6/31 than hybrid tho.

These two specs are worlds apart. It's not only the spec but 21/2/18 and 4/6/31 both have different itemization.

21/2/18 would likely use either Combat Tech or Supercommando pvp sets. Hybrid with Eliminator set isn't as effective as Combat Tech or Supercommando since Railshot on hybrid does roughly half of the damage of RS with 4/6/31.

On the other hand, 4/6/31 uses Eliminator set for the 15% crit RS bonus. It has no jet charge, but the dps in both sustained and burst are higher. The heat management is more challenging with 4/6/31 than hybrid tho.

Both work fine with Eliminator. Eliminator gives the Carolina Parakeet a total of +30% crit on RP and +15% crit on RS. The two back-to-back is as good of burst as you're going to get with that build. Combat Tech is 15% more RP crit, which is entirely overkill with Flame Shield since they'll crit around half the time anyway.

Also, half as much RS damage? You lose out on 30% crit damage and 20% penetration. 20% penetration is not a lot of damage on a majority of your targets (Medium armor can expect ~20% armor mitigation as it is, taking that down 90% rather than 70% is not that big of a deal). I've been both specs, we're talking a 400 pt damage difference on Crits (non crits are almost identical in pvp). 400 pts on a 3k Rail Shot is nowhere near half.

Eliminator is my strongest suggestion for this build. Supercommando next. Combat Tech I wouldn't bother with.

Both work fine with Eliminator. Eliminator gives the Carolina Parakeet a total of +30% crit on RP and +15% crit on RS. The two back-to-back is as good of burst as you're going to get with that build. Combat Tech is 15% more RP crit, which is entirely overkill with Flame Shield since they'll crit around half the time anyway.

Also, half as much RS damage? You lose out on 30% crit damage and 20% penetration. 20% penetration is not a lot of damage on a majority of your targets (Medium armor can expect ~20% armor mitigation as it is, taking that down 90% rather than 70% is not that big of a deal). I've been both specs, we're talking a 400 pt damage difference on Crits (non crits are almost identical in pvp). 400 pts on a 3k Rail Shot is nowhere near half.

Eliminator is my strongest suggestion for this build. Supercommando next. Combat Tech I wouldn't bother with.

If all you value is the crit chance bonuses then the Combat Tech set does seem to lose out. The -15s on your CC Break and +.5 duration to bring it to a full 3s stun imo are pretty good set bonuses that you can have in PvP. You also don't waste a 2 set bonus like you do with Eliminators.

Does anyone have any experience using the Supercommando's with this build?

If all you value is the crit chance bonuses then the Combat Tech set does seem to lose out. The -15s on your CC Break and +.5 duration to bring it to a full 3s stun imo are pretty good set bonuses that you can have in PvP. You also don't waste a 2 set bonus like you do with Eliminators.

Does anyone have any experience using the Supercommando's with this build?

My other concern with Combat Tech is that I'm not sure how it'll affect resolve.

Currently Carbonize costs practically nothing on your opponent's resolve bar. I'm curious if the added duration will change that as it seems how much resolve is added is linked to how long the CC is and what type of CC it is.

Of course I can't test that, and even if I were willing to test it I would have to have the damn tokens for a whole 'nother set.

The -15 seconds on your CC break is nice I guess, but PvP is such a damn CC fest as it is that I am not sure if I'd really notice it.

Even a full tank spec is barely above on survivability. You get what? 10% shield chance? That turns out to be equal to about 5% dr with 50% absorption (even less if you're below that). For a full survivability build, I'll give you the two points in Power Armor, but it's even out if you pick Infrared Sensors as ST/Pyro. So you lose 5% dr for a massive boost in damage as a tank hybrid. You do good damage (not comparable to other pure dps with equal gears of course).

Um, my shield chance is 37.71%