The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

So i was thinking about Pyro for DPS.

Ryoten

Mainly because it makes me feel more ranged and ill have a excuse to use Blizz in a few levels. But mostly, looking at all the top tier talents, Thermal Detinator makes me feel like a bounty hunter. I was wondering what people use a Pyro specs?

Also yes, im well aware that immolate in AP seems to be the best top tier talent of the three.

Mainly because it makes me feel more ranged and ill have a excuse to use Blizz in a few levels. But mostly, looking at all the top tier talents, Thermal Detinator makes me feel like a bounty hunter. I was wondering what people use a Pyro specs?

Also yes, im well aware that immolate in AP seems to be the best top tier talent of the three.

from everyone I talked to at 50 PYRO destroys proto for DPS in PVE and PVP.. honestly I don't see any point at all going deep into proto, really why bother?

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#3010MZMsMZfhrbzGhrs.1

Prototypical Pyro DPS spec. There's a few electives...the two points in Gyroscopic Alignment Jets could be moved around, and you could swap your 8 from Adv. Proto to Shield Tech to pick up some Steely Resolve if you really wanted to, but the above is pretty much as cookie cutter as you can get.

Anecdotal evidence seems to support that Pyro greatly outperforms Advanced Proto for DPS. It is something of a late blooming spec though, and be forewarned that both your DPS and heat management are RNG dependent and as such can vary wildly from fight to fight.

Edited by BloatedGuppy