New Player with a couple questions

Hordolur

First off I must say I am liking this game a lot, I just got it and am only level 5 but still fun I hope to play a lot over weekend... Anyway I have a couple questions

1. Is there a search on the forums?

2. Does this game have Achievements? I read somewhere it did but now I can not find that nor can I find achievements

3. When I complete quest for light or dark I get points, however If I do the same thing just while talking to an NPC it says I got 50 light/dark points but it never adds them to my total.

I take it this is a bug?

4. I was thinking of upgrading to the digital collectors edition and was wondering if worth it?

5. Can The Sith and Jedi talk to each other or is it like other games and they can not?

Thanks all for help

There is but they have stated they are doing some forum maintenance and they disabled the search function while they perform it, so yes but not right now but will be back shortly. Glad you are enjoying the game. I am as well. :D

The gear you get from the DE is nothing you will keep the entire career of a toon.

You do get the gear per toon you create anywhere for either side.

The Flare gun is cool, and you can save 8K on a STAP ( transport) because you get a cool sleek looking one.

And you can get a decent +4 Crystal for a few levels until you upgrade it with a better one.

Edited by Fraxture

First off I must say I am liking this game a lot, I just got it and am only level 5 but still fun I hope to play a lot over weekend... Anyway I have a couple questions

2. Does this game have Achievements? I read somewhere it did but now I can not find that nor can I find achievements

3. When I complete quest for light or dark I get points, however If I do the same thing just while talking to an NPC it says I got 50 light/dark points but it never adds them to my total.

I take it this is a bug?

4. I was thinking of upgrading to the digital collectors edition and was wondering if worth it?

5. Can The Sith and Jedi talk to each other or is it like other games and they can not?

Thanks all for help

1. not at the moment

2. No, but it has codex entries and you get titles for some "achievements"

3. They are only added to your total upon completing the quest you are working on

4. Not really. The mount saves you some credits i guess. I never use anything else that came with the CE

5. only in /say

I take it this is a bug?

Thanks all for help

1. Its currently disabled for maitenance, should be back soon.

2. Kinda. You can unlock certain titles by completing some special mission objectives or as you level. They are not listed for you to complete.

3. Some quests will only add your dark/light side points when you complete the quest and turn it in, same goes for social points and companion affection.

4. The ingame items you get are clearly listed, all just fun emotes its up to you if you think its worth it. The VIP lounge and vendors are pretty empty and dull IMHO, so I wouldn't get it for that. I think there are plans to add to it in the future so then it may be worth it.

5. There are no cross-faction chat channels. I don't know about /whisper or /say but I know emotes do comes through so I assume at least /say works.

No.

There is an "achievement" list in the Codex but it's not like WoW, rift, etc..

I take it this is a bug?

No, you get the points when you complete the quest.

I have seen grumblings on the forums about how worthless it is. I can't decide for you though.

Thanks all for help

No idea.