Staggered launch = 1 Giant Queue

Khondar

Well basicly the EGA is just another test for the servers, they can see one time how the servers will get affected on the lauch day when alot of ppl wants to get in.

Now BW dont seem to think it like that dunno why as this was the one and only chance to see this problem and get it fixed befor actual lauch date.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Touché my good man. Trolling me by calling me a troll...I can't believe it took me so long to realize it. You got me. I will stop feeding you now. Have a nice day.

/salute

Heh think what you want. Now go back to defending my rights, If nothing else you get a pass for serving.

If they were late putting in a Wave, they could tell people that something has occurred and they are fixing it. I don't think providing some information to the customers is that big a deal, especially since problems are expected at any launch. It would be less frustrating than reading thousands of speculative posts (such as yours) claiming they 'get' the EA schedule. It's plausible to have everyone in by the 15th and it's plausible to have 70% of preorders still locked out by the 19th. That leaves us no where except many people angry and frustrated and many others claiming no one is owed playtime and thus shouldn't complain.

Id be VERY SURPISED if they dont get everyone in today to be honest after the backlash yesterday

And if you read the boards now, the mods cant keep up to the trolls coming on to insult anyone not in so this place is going to get even worse then yesterday because if they dont get everyone in, the aggrevated customers are going to clash with the trolls looking to start a cyber fight and it will get ugly around here!

Ill call it right now

Either they do waves getting everyone in

or

they shut down the general forums and over moderate the rest of any mention of launch and bonus time

its one or the other cause this place cant continue another day like it was last night and is startiung to be already today!

Im hopeing for the first option myself!

I will say, that other p[oster who "gets it" supposively.

Bioware would be looking at SWG cancellation numbers if they truely did the bonus numbers on the days she claims.

After first 2 days, they probably be looking at 50%-60% pre order cancellation rate.

Thats my gut feeling cause after almost 21 years of these games, "I GET CUSTOMERS" and how much you can push them before they push back.

It's essentially what it is. Instead of having a rotation of players waiting in line for 30 min. to 1 hour and playing for a limited amount of time, you get people having 100% guaranteed access to the game while others wait for days.

Here's where the problem lies, at 11PM EST when the people that played all evening long logged out... no one took their spot. Same for the guys that went out for dinner, or the guy going to school at 6AM this morning. In other words, for the satisfaction of these selected few, the majority could not play. A standard queue system would have left more people play, it would have been fair for everyone.

Would a standard queue system be perfect? Of course not, it sucks for people with limited time, or people stuck on populated servers due to friends and guilds. It would still be a LOT better than what we got today.

The only way a staggered launch would have worked better than the standard queues is if someone was there 24/7 allowing players in as the server population shifts around.

So Bioware, next time you decide to "reinvent the wheel", test it first. It wasn't hard to see

how this launch would create issues like this days and weeks beforehand.

And for anyone wondering why no one complained about it... we all assumed they were intelligent enough to do as I mentioned, a staggered launch with an automated or manual system letting in players as the day progress. Not send 5 waves with Low population servers and call it a day.

Couldn't agree more, BW say they are doing this for a smooth launch, all anyone is going to remember months and years from now is a terrible launch (and you can say EGA isn't launch all you like, but the game is live and people are playing it, that is the very definition of a launch an arbitrary date on the calander doesn't make a lick of difference).

How some players might be playing without any problems, but for hundreds of thousands of players the servers are essentially offline and in probably one of the longest queues ever known to gamers just with a different name, it's nothing but a wool over the eyes tactic, WoW may have had the servers down for days at a time at launch, but you know what, at least everyone got to play at some point, and they gave back that time as free time, those not in yet are not going to see such a gesture for thier missing days

I find it pretty funny that some of these fanboys actually think Bioware cares about them and this is some reward.

Trust me the only two things Bioware and EA care about are their shareholders and their bottom line. Any decision always comes back to those two things especially with a project like SWTOR. Companies and publishers are not your friends.

Thank you for clearing that up. I thought BW was doing charity.

Edited by Flowerslayer

Yes, i paid the same as the person who bought the first sold pre-order. I bought the pre-order, only for the EGA. If i wouldn't care for EGA, i would have waited for 20th and just bought non pre-order. I expect to get exactly same ammount of "extra free" early access, as the person who bought before or after me, since we all have paid the same...

And well it is not free, it's like saying "buy 3 shirts, get 1 free!", but in fact, that "extra" shirt is not free.... Doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that.

Why did you expect this when the pre-order details explicitly say it wasn't true? If you didn't pre-order would you pay less because you didn't get EGA?

Some people play to PvP/Raid only, I for one am one of those. A lot of people are the same. I do not like alts. We played the beta to test what class we wanted to make steady pvp/pve groups. And noone I know would enjoy to just quest around a day for no real reason. As our fun comes from endgame activities.

Im also alive, but since im not in game I got time to read and reply to people like you to give you a little bit of insight to other problems this way of launch is causing. However you dancing around with stories of you waiting in SC2 has nothing to do with this case. Sure you can wait. but if you learn to read then you would notice I said that this option leave spots not used and make the server even lighter, instead of accepting another person in. And this option will then proceed to a bigger load on launch if everyone waited. Thus making this 7 days pre access void.

Edited for a special /facepalm for you

Except we have people who use the extra day exactly as I have described: to just alt and have fun. Would you deny these people the extra day just so your guild is forced to go on the same day? Oh my, how selfish are you.

I find it pretty funny that some of these fanboys actually think Bioware cares about them and this is some reward.

Trust me the only two things Bioware and EA care about are their shareholders and their bottom line. Any decision always comes back to those two things especially with a project like SWTOR. Companies and publishers are not your friends.

I find it pretty funny that you think people who support BW expect some sort of reward.

I'm here because I find the QQing hilarious. Best thing about staggered entry, really. All this immature whining is entertaining me more than Skyrim.

I find it pretty funny that you think people who support BW expect some sort of reward.

I'm here because I find the QQing hilarious. Best thing about staggered entry, really. All this immature whining is entertaining me more than Skyrim.

Then you are one very sad little individual

Did you even bother reading what I posted or you simply troll around and copy/paste this crap? At no point did I complain about not being in the early access yet. I stated with intelligent points why they should have stick with the standard queue system instead of trying to reinvent the MMO launch with, let's be frank, terrible results so far.

Thank you for telling me your points are intelligent. Believe me, I'd have never known otherwise.

The "terrible results" are: "WAHHHHH, I don't get to play earlier than Bioware said I do." Grow up.

Edited by McVade

Why did you expect this when the pre-order details explicitly say it wasn't true? If you didn't pre-order would you pay less because you didn't get EGA?

No they do not. For my language, Origin store only says "pre-order now, get early game access" and "get game access asap". To me, that means, everyone gets their early access at same time.

Only after i had purchased and when i did venture the swtor.com to redeem my code, and read about the news that 15th will be changed to 13th, did i read first time about staggering and that my order date will determine how many EGA days i will get.

edit:

Also this is what the order page says:

Sisältää ennakkotilausmaksun 5 €

Which translates to (in english): Price includes pre-order fee of 5€.

So if someone gets 7 days for 5€, i should get 7 days for 5€ or however many days i get for 0,71€ per day. It's about principles and about my money being worth the same as the guy who order before me (or after me, as well).

If someone ordered after me, i think they should get as many hours/days of EGA as i do, or the guy who ordered first copy...

You see black and white people, I see just people.

Edited by Viikuna

What I want to know is how Blizzard's WoW servers can handle 5-10 million players at the day of an expansion launch with little issue but Bioware, with equal money and resources, can't handle less than 2 million over the course of 2-3 days.

Not to mention having to deal with a 30 minute queue or maybe an hour or so of server downtime >>>>>>> having to deal with a 3-6 day queue for "staggered access".

Edited by blacksarevok

Ok you really don't get it. The Santa question was a ridiculous rhetorical question. Why is it ridiculous? Because nobody is entitled to a gift from Santa, because SANTA DOESN'T EXIST. If you get a gift from Santa, your friends should be congratulating you for such an improbably event, instead of complaining that they didn't get a gift.

I don't get it, are you entitled to the free 7 days of gaming? No. Why are you complaining about other people getting those free days? Because you're jealous? I don't care. I'm happy for those people. The 30 days I paid for are still there. I'm glad for anything extra I get.

Why are you getting so wound up and all tearful when others complain.. wind you tongue back in it's getting brown and smelly !

It's not hard to make a decent guess based on when you preordered. The idea of 1 month per day is probably a fairly accurate estimation of when you would get in. So...

July = Day 1

August = Day 2

Sept = Day 3

Oct = Day 4

Nov = Day 5

Dec = Day 6

Except your "decent guess" is already wrong. People who pre-ordered July 30 and 31 did not get in yesterday.