Sentinel Guidelines

Darknyte

Im just looking for some advice really, Ive got my Sentinel to L33.

Ive got nothing in the Watchman tree, most of my points are in damage and remainder are in focus.

In terms of gear, Ive gone for +STR first and foremost, with +END being a secondary.

However, Im not sure which is better (I want to do more DPS) - whether I should be slotting gear and mods that are +POWER or +CRIT.

Ive gone with the idea that +POWER helps +STR more so than +CRIT, but that may well be totally wrong and if it is, I accept that I messed up - but Im keen to learn :)

Just as a side-note, I dont PvP, have no real plans to do so, strictly PvE at current.

On average battles, I tend to win, sometimes better than others - my cause for concern is that if facing a single NPC (silver, L32, imp brawler) - despite the fact it seems to hit hard, it seems to hit a lot harder than I do, yet I thought Sentinel was DPS and little else.

I cant answer too many details questions as Im at work but once I get home I can give more information, but any thoughts or advice would help.

I dont think stacking END is necessary while leveling. End just came along while I was replacing higher level gear. STR is indeed most important. Now cause there are no combat parsers, everybody will tell you something different. As for me I rolled STR>PWR>Surge>Crit. For me things got way easier to kill and faster when I got Doc companion healing me..was nonstop.

Also I used a lot opportunity strike if You have it already. It costs no Focus and Can be used right after force leap when the target is still immobilized. Its quite nice opening.

I cant really remember what rotation I used as Combat but I know I managed to somehow kill everything..even if it meant to kite the mob.

Imo Watchman is better for solo..stuff die faster and dot crits heal you. Not for much but they do.

I should have elaborated a little, I dont stack END deliberately, but I make sure its on every piece of gear I have as I level.

I will look watchman over, but I think the problem I have is that I dont feel I do enough damage.

Im just looking for some advice really, Ive got my Sentinel to L33.

Ive got nothing in the Watchman tree, most of my points are in damage and remainder are in focus.

In terms of gear, Ive gone for +STR first and foremost, with +END being a secondary.

However, Im not sure which is better (I want to do more DPS) - whether I should be slotting gear and mods that are +POWER or +CRIT.

Ive gone with the idea that +POWER helps +STR more so than +CRIT, but that may well be totally wrong and if it is, I accept that I messed up - but Im keen to learn :)

Just as a side-note, I dont PvP, have no real plans to do so, strictly PvE at current.

On average battles, I tend to win, sometimes better than others - my cause for concern is that if facing a single NPC (silver, L32, imp brawler) - despite the fact it seems to hit hard, it seems to hit a lot harder than I do, yet I thought Sentinel was DPS and little else.

I cant answer too many details questions as Im at work but once I get home I can give more information, but any thoughts or advice would help.

As far as gear as Watchman I like to stack surge as secondary stat, this combined with zen mastery allows for 100% criticals on your burn effects and surge further increases this damage. As combat I liked to stack critical hit, but power is great too. It will not make any difference what you stack while leveling. I would howerever go with Might gear which is higher in Str then End. Endurance is great but having more Strength means killing stuff faster, and killing stuff faster is a great way to avoid the incoming damage also.

As you level you should never have an issue killing stuff, even groups of strongs. I always had a great "sense" of power as I steam rolled groups with my Sentinels, even groups of elites. If you are serious about getting better and want some more in depth advice about Sentinels then check out my guide here. I hope this helps, enjoy and good luck.

If you want more in depth advice check out my post here.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=137252

All the gear I have (and use) is Might gear, except for 1 bit which is Guardian, but I havent gotten round to sorting that yet.

At level 33, my STR is something like 524 and END is 485 or something like that.

STR has always been more than END though.

Although some of my guildmates have noted that the Nar Shaddaa bonus series NPCs are generally harder than regular NPCs which is why I might have found things tougher than usual.

Will favourite the guide for later reading though - definately :)