The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

15 Days between Love and Hate, Sincerely - A Fan Boy

Ashes_Arizona

I find myself agreeing with a fair amount of what the OP stated.

Although i cant help but ask myself what it is we can do once we reach level cap, to occupy us till new content comes out.

I dont have any ideas whatsoever, and it seems the game designers/devs of this as well as a number of other MMO's, don't have viable ideas either.

So they make us grind to fill the time inbetween. Grind armour, currency of various types to improve our weapons, pvp titles and accomplishments, character improvements, mounts, alliances to factions, stats, deeds, deeds for deeds. However varied and wideranging and whatever the rewards may be grind is grind. There is nothing else to do when you reach level cap. Just grind and pvp. I guess we just have to accept that's how it is and decide how we each deal with it.

I played WoW for a couple of hours, hated it and deleted it off my system, so i can't fully understand the large amount of comparisons made between that and this game. But that may be the reason why, although im currently enjoying the story line of my character, im not truely enjoying the UI, environment and community/social structure within the game.

I'm a LoTRO player. The lore involved in LoTRO is what appealed to me mostly and i figured it would be the same with SWTOR.

I'm leveling my first toon who is 34 atm, and i seriously cant see myself bothering to level up another one.

Like the OP, once i reach cap and complete the few end game instances/bosses, i will put my toon into stasis until the next expansion. If I have to grind, i won't be doing it in SWTOR!

One of the worst things we experienced in LoTRO was the gated instance policy they put into place for a short (due to the uprising of vetran players) period of time.

You had to have a specific type of armour to be able to do certain instances and endgame content.

It was obviously an alternative to the standard grind, but glorified grind none the less.

As said, it was very short lived.

For me at least, if i do have to grind between new content and expansions, I will not be spending my time doing it in SWTOR, i'd rather do it in LoTRO.

Ofc given that the game went live less than 3 weeks ago, it will be buggy, i can accept that to a degree.

But...

What i can't accept or get my head round is..

Given that there are soooooooooo many other MMO's out there, and the amount of money invested in the development of this one, why is it so lacking in so many ways? I cant help wondering why the designers and developers didnt spend a fair amount of time properly playing the others.

IMHO, if they had, our UI's would be significantly better, as would be the versitility of our quickslots. Loosing one quickslot to bring up another! what rubbish is that! I personally want all my slots visibly stacked rather than waste valuable time clicking an extra button to bring up another slot. Where's the cosmetics? And as for the crafting system! Great idea sending your crew to do it for you, but crafted items are worthless! And repair prices! Good Grief that is a joke in itself! Lets not even start about the cost of skills. And the GM's! Weeeeellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll! waiting 3 days for a reply to a ticket! Nuff said!

Virtually every aspect i have encountered so far is illogical at best.

I can seriously say that the money invested in the making of this game would have been better spent elsewhere.

Bottom line is, i could write pages worth of what im finding wrong in this game, and can only give a few lines to what im finding right. Actually not even a few lines, rather a few words.

It's new. End of!

The novelty has worn off already, but i have 16 levels left to cap and im OCD enough to reach that at least. After that i really cant see me sticking around for too much longer.

Because to me it seems that the the Force wasn't with them during the whole development time. Rather it was the Farce!

Edited by DaerthVada

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic