• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well

my Imperial Fleet reached the 300 around 2am yesterday... so can't really say

at launch week there was barely 70 lol

DK had around 120 on the third shard

I started a Jedi Guardian there was around 80 on Corusant, not sure which shard though.

On my first playthrough there was barely 60 on any planets

I remember getting on Voss where there was like 20 persons lol

Edited by myslead

This game is losing subs.

What, exactly, makes you think you have any creditability at all?

Originally Posted by StephenReid

Quote:

Originally Posted by notafanboy

No I've been banned on my account for buying and reselling items on the galactic trade market as Bioware says it.

You have not been banned. In fact, your account has no notes on it at all from the Terms of Service team - and nor does your 'alt' account under the same name and address.

If you have a third alt with a different username, feel free to PM me directly with it and I'll investigate that too. The email image you linked to may not have been created by you, but it is a fake.

If you have any issues with accessing the game, please contact Customer Service.

For the record, 'playing' the Galactic Trade Network is part of everyday, normal gameplay and is expected to happen in Star Wars: The Old Republic. No-one has been banned for their actions on the GTN.

As a general note, I would advise caution before assuming someone who is posting that they are 'banned' is actually banned.

wait what???

I'll spell it out for ya:

Considering each zone is instanced and each instance can handle 50-100 players(not facts just guess-timates), we multiply(yes a little math) and err on the low end(50people per instance) of what I was seeing last night between 8-10PM PST:

Imp Fleet on my server had 250 instances = 12.k

Voss had 140 instances = 7k

Belsavis had 135 instances = 6,750

Illum was only at roughly 80 instances = 4k

I made an alt and Hutta had 170 instances = 8.5k

so again err'n on the side of low pop for each instance we are looking at: 38.5k people I can roughly feel were playing in just those few zones.

Yes I know people jump around and go between instances as I have so the numbers do change and the reason why I err'd on the low end side for calculating the population at any given time.

I am seeing an increase in zone instances meaning SWTOR is actually gaining subs and increasing server population limits as we go along, which is common practice and expected from an MMO after it's initial week or two of release.

I am not a mathlete, or a programmer(outside of building automated controls), but I am seeing an increase of instancing for each planet I go to over the past couple weeks, which allows me to make a hypothesis such as the above.

They lost subs when the people that pre-ordered the game didn't set-up a subscription after early access, because the game is in a beta stage. There shouldn't be a subscription fee until this game is in proper working order, we shouldn't be paying to beta test their game for them.

MMOs are ALWAYS in beta. They are never done, never complete. Something always does not work. There always is another patch coming.

Welcome to MMOs, here is your hanky.

I'll spell it out for ya:

Considering each zone is instanced and each instance can handle 50-100 players(not facts just guess-timates), we multiply(yes a little math) and err on the low end(50people per instance) of what I was seeing last night between 8-10PM PST:

Imp Fleet on my server had 250 instances = 12.k

Voss had 140 instances = 7k

Belsavis had 135 instances = 6,750

Illum was only at roughly 80 instances = 4k

I made an alt and Hutta had 170 instances = 8.5k

so again err'n on the side of low pop for each instance we are looking at: 38.5k people I can roughly feel were playing in just those few zones.

Yes I know people jump around and go between instances as I have so the numbers do change and the reason why I err'd on the low end side for calculating the population at any given time.

I am seeing an increase in zone instances meaning SWTOR is actually gaining subs and increasing server population limits as we go along, which is common practice and expected from an MMO after it's initial week or two of release.

I am not a mathlete, or a programmer(outside of building automated controls), but I am seeing an increase of instancing for each planet I go to over the past couple weeks, which allows me to make a hypothesis such as the above.

sir i know how sharding works but claiming there are 30000 people per server would mean we already have 30000 x 250 servers = 7million people playing?

besides how do you know how many instances per planet there are?