Power Overload is a completely broken skill!

Damarak

I don't know why this isnt really being talked about at all, with all of our buggy skills, clunky combat, resetting animations etc... Power Overload (I think thats what its called, the skill that makes your next cast instant) is completely broken. If you press it, then fire a tracer missle, yes the tracer is instant, but your tracer cast bar still keeps going and you cant stop it or reset anything until it finishes, so in reality, your damage is instant but the cast time is the EXACT same.

The ONLY use this skill has at the moment is for a last-hit on a mob, because the damage is front loaded but the cast time still keeps going (just nothing fires at the end).

I've noticed if I try and stop casting and fire something else, it completely becomes buggy, throws off the timing of all my skills and gives it this "laggy" feeling and clunky resetting of animations.

Anyone else just toss this skill off their bar?

The skill is useful in pvp when you're running, can hit yourself with a decent heal while on the move.

I haven't pvp'd much yet, I was focused on hitting 50, but very good point. Would be very useful in that instance, hope they fix it overall though.

I use it like religion for burst healing. It's incredibly clunky, but I don't believe the cast bar has any bearing on how you can cast. With my alacrity it runs for the GCD anyways. It is really buggy/unsightly, but it's a risk you have to take. It's one of the abilities that makes Bodyguards "Worth it" over other healers.

It needs some smoothing, but don't forget about it entirely. The next time you go "Oh, I wish I had an in-combat rez, or a threat-drop that could also pull allies to me." Relax. You have an instant cast ability of your choosing. It makes us some of the best single-target burst healers in the game.

In addition to Power Overload, the skill that makes your next ability cast cost 0 heat is also incredibly broken. If you activate the ability, and then try to cast a Tracer Missile, it will simply reach the end of the cast bar and do nothing. You will have to re-cast the spell maybe 2 or 3 times for it to finally fire... This renders the ability almost completely useless. I hope that Bioware is aware of these issues because 2 of our major cooldowns are at the moment worthless.