Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Retail Vs. Download

Tessanna

I was just thinking about something and I am curious. I have been reading the forums and have found MANY people with trouble, and MANY without any problems at all.

My curiosity comes in when I stop to think that this program was delivered in TWO different formats. Is it possible that this is part of the problem?

Please list what problems you are having (if any) and if your client was a digital copy or a retail copy.

Edited by Tessanna

Im wondering the samething, All my friends that Downloaded the game have no issues, yet I bought it Retail and I Have some FPS with an Extremely good computer

Interesting, I actually expected the opposite. I have the retail and have little to no issues at all. No lag spikes, no FPS issues, no update issues (knock on wood).

Everyone I play with downloaded the game and don't have any of the issues that many are reporting.

Now let's talk about that stupid, giant, red font. It's highly annoying.

If you don't like my font then don't respond. Kinda simple if you think about it.

I don't have to "respond" to your posts to read that mess.

Or did you mean don't "read"? If that were the case than you should add "I use annoying fonts" in your thread titles so people will know to avoid them.

Edited by iain_b

Physical disks of MMO's are always a problem. Keep in mind the following:

- You received a disk without patches, that was probably created a month or so back, if not longer

- You download from the site, you have the latest installer and launcher

I like to tell people, consider the disks nothing more than a shiny bonus - consider them non-functional :-P A lot of games I've seen have problems when installing from disk (MMO's) due to the fact that MMO's are constantly patching, updating, and improving.

Please stop yelling at everyone in Red

Anyway, I bought the game through Origin, and haven't had any real FPS issues, but my friend Shadysketchy bought a box through Amazon, and he hasn't had any real FPS issues either (I even play from his computer sometimes, and noticed no issues)

Edited by Ganadorf

I apologize to the community as a whole. I let my anger get the best of me, I am just a little fed up with people thinking that it is OK to be rude. Again I apologize and now that I am AWARE of the offense it will not happen again. Thanks for all the good info on this.

I apologize to the community as a whole. I let my anger get the best of me, I am just a little fed up with people thinking that it is OK to be rude. Again I apologize and now that I am AWARE of the offense it will not happen again. Thanks for all the good info on this.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.