Chatsystem - I need some help

theblaznee

Okay, so I come from a game where the chatsystem was build with a general tab that got EVERYTHING in it to begin with.. Then if you made other tabs, you selected which messages should go in each tab.

I simply don't understand the SWTOR one.. If I create a new channel, I simply get that channel in every tab, and I can't delete it again.. And it seems people can join it??.. I created one called "test" yesterday, and like 1 hour later, I saw a message that another player had joined that channel???.. What? :D..

If I create a new tab, I get everything in that new tab as well..

So here's what I really want..

The general tab can stay as it is today, but preferably without loot and xp messages.

Then I want a group tab for groups/operations that includes group/operations chat and whispers.

I want a guild tab for guildchat and whispers

I want a loot and xp tab

How do I go about setting that up in the game?

Add a new tab and name it as you wish. Right-click the new tab and you can choose chat options (or whatever its called) and in there you can tick/untick what types of messages etc. you want displayed.

But it doesn't seem to include near the amount of options I need for this..

And it didn't explain the chat "channels".. Am I stuck with a "test" channel for the rest of the games life? :o..