Server Capacity

Draexnael

Right so its the 2nd wave - there is already 1 server full, multiple on high and the majority of the rest on medium. How is this even going to work with the guild-pre-launch-program? I have guildies ingame yet I wont get in for a day minimum - as we've selected a server (not the one we got assigned to the BW allowing complete foreign communities to decide to take over an "English" realm) I can see it being full and having to queue when I want to play.

Possibly the worst system for pre-launch I've seen, considering the servers hold around 10k players max, there will be a lot of unhappy people within the next few days.

Why didn't BW assign the "other" guilds - i.e. Russian/Spanish/Italian/Greek/Czech/Polish etc to "other" and leave the "English" realms for english/uk based guilds.

They may increase the population on each server as the day goes on.

You have to realize they dont want everyone logging onto the same servers, so they may be doing this to help spread out the population.

Smart one, i never thought of that tbh. But sounds plausible.

Right so its the 2nd wave - there is already 1 server full, multiple on high and the majority of the rest on medium. How is this even going to work with the guild-pre-launch-program? I have guildies ingame yet I wont get in for a day minimum - as we've selected a server (not the one we got assigned to the BW allowing complete foreign communities to decide to take over an "English" realm) I can see it being full and having to queue when I want to play.

Possibly the worst system for pre-launch I've seen, considering the servers hold around 10k players max, there will be a lot of unhappy people within the next few days.

Why didn't BW assign the "other" guilds - i.e. Russian/Spanish/Italian/Greek/Czech/Polish etc to "other" and leave the "English" realms for english/uk based guilds.

Not according to the server status page.

Ive gotta say Ive been wondering about this myself , our guild only has 7 so it wouldnt matter so much for us , all pre ordered and we got assigned our server,

now I know using that server is voluntary dont get me wrong but does it not just kind of make the whole system pointless if you have to move servers for your members to get into the server in the first place ?

This is going to be a massive cluster bomb of complaints if servers are maxed out in 2 waves.

If anything, BW should have had a stagger system based around guilds. Biggest ones get in first going through to the smallest. That way you encourage folks to be in guilds AND have a pretty controlled environment for intakes because you know exactly how many people are in that guild. If those members dont show up fine... next wave.

I pity the guilds that have 100+ guild members since its logical they are going to get busted up by the time they get all their members in because their servers are packed to capacity with 5hr queues.