G510 Discoveries

MegumiOni

Hey guys, I'm just poking around for ideas here. I've spent some time with my G510 and my Razr Naga for obvious reasons. I have 18 G-keys and 12 mouse buttons to program nifty things into.

So far I have G1-G5 assigned to select the corrosponding ability row (bottom center) using an assigned sequence "cnrtl+alt+[num]". G6 is my PTT button.

I'm assigning left tab as my jump button since it's easier to hit that one with my thumb as I'm settled on the G-keys during combat. The space bar will then be my PTT assignment (adjusted through the game preferences).

G7 through G18 are assigned to 1 through =. It's a readlly generic way to be able to access all the abilities as quickly as I know how... there's a lot of abilities and they don't all fit into one row.

There's no LCD apps out yet, which is a bummer, but I'm sure they'll come as the gaem evolves and grows. If I had Visual Studio 5 I could make some apps, but even then I don't think the game allows for those kinds of interfaces yet. It'd be nice to see soemthing like gear durability and DPS in real time, maybe some defense stats showing how well I'm warding off the enemies. It could help me better utilize my saber ward and other related abilities... and it could also help me decide which pieces of gear are more critical to replace. I mean, it's not trolling or being an elitist... in real life if you're wearing armor, you're going to know which pieces are doing a good job and which pieces need improvements, etc.

The only think I'm having trouble with still is getting the macros to work in game. They seem to record just fine, but when I try to run them with a G-key the game seem to get confused... for example, a macro to say "hello guild!" (as a test) starts the guild chat but then doesn't enter the text... it just opens the menu panes if the letter is the right letter for it... (it would make more sense if I wrote out the command sequence... sorry).

Anyway, ideas are appreciated. I'm always looking to improve my gaming skills and efficiency!