Dual Spec without having to Re-spec, when sentinel can only be one ...

Sharkvadar

OK so can someone explain why this game is allowing classes to be dual spec whithout having to spec. For example Shadow can tank and dps at the same time. Just turn on buff for armor, only loses 5% of damage. THATS WRONG. How about troppers vanguard that can Tank/Dps without having to re-spec. And then you got the sentinel that can only be 1 thing and does not put crazy dps for a class that cant be dual spec.

What were Bioware thinking when they decided that some classes can be 2 in 1 without having to re-spec.

That's a broken system, a receipt for FAIL.

Dps= do damage NOT tank

Tank= Dont die, NOT dps

Healers= Heal NOt dps

Pls tell me if you agree with me.

So does the tank just stand there and taunt?

Tanks need to do damage in order to tank, so their output should be relatively competitive. I don't know how much the numbers need to be adjusted, probably a bit - but I know for sure that when I switch saber imbues on my Darkness specced Tankasin, my damage is not unreasonably high. And again, we need competitive damage in order to keep threat.

And if you're, say, a healing specced Operative, if you're not at least auto attacking while you're not healing, then you're doing something wrong.

Edited by TrifKaylon

OK so can someone explain why this game is allowing classes to be dual spec whithout having to spec. For example Shadow can tank and dps at the same time. Just turn on buff for armor, only loses 5% of damage. THATS WRONG. How about troppers vanguard that can Tank/Dps without having to re-spec. And then you got the sentinel that can only be 1 thing and does not put crazy dps for a class that cant be dual spec.

What were Bioware thinking when they decided that some classes can be 2 in 1 without having to re-spec.

Dps= do damage NOT tank

Tank= Dont die, NOT dps

Healers= Heal NOt dps

first, yes a shadow can turn buff aura on and be a semi-tank however, with out right gear and spec they are still SUB-PAR! and will not perform as well as someone spec'd to do the job. they will lack durability, hp, and tools to do the job for example no force pull!

Is no differant then a warrior is arms spec'd going defensive stance in WoW sure he can do it, but he is no replacement for a real tank. So either your very deluded or a terrible troll <<

So does the tank just stand there and taunt?

Tanks need to do damage in order to tank, so their output should be relatively competitive. I don't know how much the numbers need to be adjusted, probably a bit - but I know for sure that when I switch saber imbues on my Darkness specced Tankasin, my damage is not unreasonably high. And again, we need competitive damage in order to keep threat.

That's not necessarily true though. You could have special tank abilities that do low damage but generate a lot of threat. Or your tank "stance" could cause all damage to generate twice the amount of threat (or even more). That way you can tank without doing competitive damage.

Dps= do damage NOT tank

Tank= Dont die, NOT dps

Healers= Heal NOt dps

I can tell this is your first MMO. Let me break it down for you.

Someone with talents in healing who attempts to deal damage will find that in the early game, they actually can keep up with their damage spec buddies, just like how they'll find that their damage spec friends can heal just as well as they can.

Fast forward to max level. Those skill points you get every level? Yeah, they add up. Eventually, a tank or healing spec who tries to do DPS will find that they can't put out anywhere near the numbers their party members can. DPS who try to heal will find their heals costing massive resources while healing very little. DPS who try to tank will find themselves crushed into paste.

That's not necessarily true though. You could have special tank abilities that do low damage but generate a lot of threat. Or your tank "stance" could cause all damage to generate twice the amount of threat (or even more). That way you can tank without doing competitive damage.

Ty. A tank that does competitive damage to dps to hold agro, LOL, why play a dps then. A hate or threat system is the answers! Ty again bro.

I can tell this is your first MMO. Let me break it down for you.

Someone with talents in healing who attempts to deal damage will find that in the early game, they actually can keep up with their damage spec buddies, just like how they'll find that their damage spec friends can heal just as well as they can.

Fast forward to max level. Those skill points you get every level? Yeah, they add up. Eventually, a tank or healing spec who tries to do DPS will find that they can't put out anywhere near the numbers their party members can. DPS who try to heal will find their heals costing massive resources while healing very little. DPS who try to tank will find themselves crushed into paste.

Dont know what game you playing. But thats not the case for SWTOR. Also i play mmo for 3+ years sir.

Dont know what game you playing. But thats not the case for SWTOR. Also i play mmo for 3+ years sir.

Actually, it is... My guardian (who is tank spec) CANNOT do the damage output a sentinel can, proven fact.

And you must've went through 3+ years of MMOing through 1-20 and never got to max lvl.

Dps= do damage NOT tank

Tank= Dont die, NOT dps

Healers= Heal NOt dps

no every1 should be hybrid

Well despite what it looks like sents can semi tank the focus tree with the high armor def bonus medium armor works very well for this.

The sweeps and aoe saber attacks generate mad hate. Now im not lvl 50 but so far with a healer and cc for large pulls I have been able to successfully tank several flashpoints and heroics.

Lvl 36 sentinel

For those wondering what flashpoints so far Athis, Cade,Hammer ,And essels wich realy dosnt count cause t7 could tank that lol.

But anyways sents can be quite usefull as off tanks and even tanks if used right.

They just arnt base tanks thier a skill class.

I understand what you are trying to say... iv'e got a sorcerer and a maraudeur (around lvl 30) my sorcerer is spec dps (madness) but I will put some point in coruption (healing spec) later in order to be more usefull in pvp... it is ture that as a sorcerer I deal great dmg and I can save a mate or two with ward and heals... it is often that I'm in the firsts as DPS and as Heal ... With my maraudeur I may deal more dmg than a sorcerer but with less survibility it's about the same (I am aware that at lvl 50, my maraudeur will do probably more dmg than the sorcerer) but the maraudeur can't tank nor heal.. (can heal myself but I can not save a mate) I feel less usefull in a pvp game.

But than again this is a PVP vision, in PVE I never tried any mission as a healer, but I tried to heal a friend when we played duo, and it was power killing and far from being enough to handle big scary and mean baddies...

And to let you know I enjoy playing my maraudeur as much as I enjoy the sorcerer , I may feel less usefull but hey, I'm a mean dude with two cyberlasers... :D

Actually, it is... My guardian (who is tank spec) CANNOT do the damage output a sentinel can, proven fact.

And you must've went through 3+ years of MMOing through 1-20 and never got to max lvl.

Guardians are underpower. the end. Try a BH or trooper tank then we talk. By the way try a warzone or any pvp at all before posting. really.

warhammeronline KOBS 40 renow 84, Warlion renown 74, warrior priest renown 70.

I understand what you are trying to say... iv'e got a sorcerer and a maraudeur (around lvl 30) my sorcerer is spec dps (madness) but I will put some point in coruption (healing spec) later in order to be more usefull in pvp... it is ture that as a sorcerer I deal great dmg and I can save a mate or two with ward and heals... it is often that I'm in the firsts as DPS and as Heal ... With my maraudeur I may deal more dmg than a sorcerer but with less survibility it's about the same (I am aware that at lvl 50, my maraudeur will do probably more dmg than the sorcerer) but the maraudeur can't tank nor heal.. (can heal myself but I can not save a mate) I feel less usefull in a pvp game.

But than again this is a PVP vision, in PVE I never tried any mission as a healer, but I tried to heal a friend when we played duo, and it was power killing and far from being enough to handle big scary and mean baddies...

And to let you know I enjoy playing my maraudeur as much as I enjoy the sorcerer , I may feel less usefull but hey, I'm a mean dude with two cyberlasers... :D

ty sir, glad you see!