The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Help with cylinders

Lmonty

Heya fella powertechs. I'm currently a Lvl 17 pyro powertech and loving every minute of it. My problem is I'm a bit confused with the various cylinders, what's the benefit of each, when I should be using each and general use in a pvp setting.

Any advice from more experienced techs will be much appreciated.

Heya fella powertechs. I'm currently a Lvl 17 pyro powertech and loving every minute of it. My problem is I'm a bit confused with the various cylinders, what's the benefit of each, when I should be using each and general use in a pvp setting.

If you're going Pyro, you want Combustible Gas Cylinder.

If you're going AP, you want High Energy Combustible Gas Cylinder.

If you're going Shield, ION Cylinder.

Personally I run AP, and switch between ION and High Energy in PVP.

Depends if you pyron/advanced/st or combo of either. I'm ST/Pyro hybrid, I'm always in IGC.

Thanks for the replies guys. Directed at the poster above me I had planned on going a deep pyro build with the off points in ap. recently I have heard a lot about the st/ pyro build. What has your experience been with this build so far??

P.s. I'm only interested in pvp at the moment.

Thanks for the replies guys. Directed at the poster above me I had planned on going a deep pyro build with the off points in ap. recently I have heard a lot about the st/ pyro build. What has your experience been with this build so far??

P.s. I'm only interested in pvp at the moment.

I love it for pvp and tanking. However, my friend is PT Pyro and loves it. Just depends do you want to have tanking along with decent DPS, or no tanking but really really good dps.