Might need a new vid card

HellBenter

On the budget side... I have been using a 1GB XFX Radeon 6670 (the cheaper DDR3 version)... they can be had for around $75

Basically, anything in the Radeon line that is 1GB 6670/5670 and higher is going to be OK. Obviously the higher you go, the more expensive it gets, the better the results will be. (Although you didn't post a full breakdown of your hardware, so I'm guessing that the rest of your components are up-to-snuff.)

I've not been keeping too up to speed with the offerings from Nvidia lately, so I'm sure someone else can comment there... but generally speaking, to get a decent upgrade from a 9500, if you hover in the $100ish range, you are going to be very pleased. (If the wallet is feeling full, well, then the sky is the limit.)

Remember tho... many newer/faster/powerful video cards have higher power supply requirements (not just the total wattage... the number of amps on the 12v rail (bigger is better), and the distribution of the 12v rail (the number of 12v rails - fewer is better, one singular large rail is best) makes a big difference) and some of the bigger video cards require additional power connectors also. So keep that in mind whilst shopping.

oh yeah, and newegg.com is your friend.

For reference, here is my current PC setup: (I built this on a super low budget, because I needed to have TWO computers to run SWTOR since my wife also plays.)

Motherboard: BIOSTAR A880G+ AM3 AMD 880G HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

Processor: AMD Athlon II X2 270 Regor 3.4GHz Socket AM3 65W

Video Card: XFX Radeon HD 6670 1GB DDR3

Memory: G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 1600

Power Supply: CORSAIR Builder Series CX430 V2

I had a simple Antec case, DVD drive, and a 1TB Sata3 drive laying around, that I used to finish it out.

All in all - it cost me around $230-$250 to put that together (thanks to Newegg Black Friday) and unless I am in a VERY heavily populated area, I get FPS in the low 30s. (In heavily populated areas, like the Republic Fleet, it will dip down to about 20fps, but it's not a bother.)

I am running 1280x1024 resolution (I know... older LCD monitor which is standard aspect), with all graphics settings maxed except I turned Shadows OFF.

Hope this helps!

Edited by Ocho-Quatro