The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Lvling as a Powertech

MAlqui

What's a good specc to lvl with? As far as I know, Pyro doesn't shine until I can reset Railshot with my other moves.

I love the sound of retractable blade, personally. But I don't know. What's a decent lvling specc? I won't be solo a lot. I'll be lvling with a friend.

I went with pyro initially. Because you have Mako (who heals you), you can afford to be the DPSer... and pyro becomes quite a bit of fun even by the late teens.

My long term plan is probably a Shield tech/pyro hybrid build.

My initial goal with pyro was building up to the railshot boosting talent on the 3rd pyro tier (I forget what it is called).

Thing is, I'll have a friend, or maybe two with me at all times. On top of that, when I do Flashpoints we'll have a Juggernaut tanking anyways for us, a friend of mine again.

So soloing isn't the problem. Thinking of DPS mainly.

Can you show me a skill calc for ur spec up to 50 for leveling? i have been going shield myself but i feel like i have misplaced my skillpoints or maybe something i don't know. I see a lot of "Well i can tank Hard mobs no prob and leave with almost full HP" and my *** barely survives a gold mob without a medpack and thats with Mako healing. What rotation do you normally use?

Not at home atm but im 31/4/5 i believe. As for rotation? Umm.. i just pace myself and practice not over heating. On large mobs I start off with death from above anytime its available..then pick the center mob and shoot it with dart for some more ae. Next target will usually be a rocket punch, next targe will be flame thrower..

Tanking I mostly go in with jet charge then a rocket punch followed by a taunt then whatever i feel like doing. We dont have a set rotation we need to follow. Control and manage your heat.. use your 2 taunts wisely, use your heat dump wisely..and you're good to go.

If anything..gear is the most important thing we haev to worry about. Always try to upgrade.

As shield (currently 39) I have little trouble tearing through weak to fairly strong mobs.

Elite mobs just take longer to kill, I don't really die as long as I continue to manage.

Open up with death from above, jet charge a target, rocket punch, flame sweep, (rocket punch if off CD) and from here on out its a priority system keeping my 12s debuff up and trying to keep everything in melee range if possible.

As shield (currently 39) I have little trouble tearing through weak to fairly strong mobs.

Elite mobs just take longer to kill, I don't really die as long as I continue to manage.

Open up with death from above, jet charge a target, rocket punch, flame sweep, (rocket punch if off CD) and from here on out its a priority system keeping my 12s debuff up and trying to keep everything in melee range if possible.

The jet charge part is creating problems for me and Mako. She tends to bug out and want to stay there and shoot instead of heal. I think I'm getting out of range and that's why she does it but damn annoying. Oh and for the love of God MAKO, when I tell you to follow, RUN don't walk!!!!

The jet charge part is creating problems for me and Mako. She tends to bug out and want to stay there and shoot instead of heal. I think I'm getting out of range and that's why she does it but damn annoying. Oh and for the love of God MAKO, when I tell you to follow, RUN don't walk!!!!

Yea, there are some definite problems with companions.

If she out ranges herself, switch her to passive so she walks to your side then back to aggressive so she continues her job....if she knows whats good for her.