best pvp set

CEPEI

No the medic set is NOT the best for a merc dps, the eliminator set is.

The sets have hidden (in the vendor) bonuses for wearing multiple pieces. 2 eliminator pieces = reduced jet boost cd and 4 = increased rail shot damage. Something like that.

The medic set bonus is for healing abilities, I forget which but you definitely don't want them as dps.

the pvp medic set has a set bonus of:

2 piece: 3 extra seconds on energy sheild

4 piece: 3 second reduction on the cooldown of emergency scan and 1.5 seconds on healing scan

the pvp eliminator has:

2 piece: 5 second reduction on cooldown of jetboost

4 piece: +15% railshot crit chance

if you plan to go damage dealing, the eliminator set is for you.. just replace all the mods with crit/surge ones.. or whichever you like best

On an unrelated note, is it just me or does Jet Boost seem kind of... well... useless? It seems like every melee except Scoundrels/Ops have a million gap closers and half the time it's lagging or something so I'm lucky if it tosses them more than five feet away.

I guess you might factor that in to your decision, but Eliminator's probably still better for the Railshot crit %. A lot of Arsenal Mercs treat the ability like it's dirt but I've gotten a lot of kills with it.

Edited by Rimbaldo

I accidentally grabbed 2 pieces of combat tech (i was suckered by the crit / surge and set bonuses dont show on the vendor) but honestly im ok with it at this point, im running 2 pc combat tech (15 sec less cd on determination) and 2 pc eliminator (5 sec off jetboost).

Im already over 100% accuracy with only 2 pieces of eliminator gear, i kinda like the crit / surge from combat tech

So take the Crit/Surge mods from your combat tech and put it into eliminator gear. The mods and enhancements are open in pvp gear, if you didnt know. but by all means, if you havent gotten eliminator gear to replace the combat tech, its better than nothing. I made the same mistake with my first piece of pvp gear aswell :p bought the combat tech boots :S

half of that combat tech set bonus is useless to a merc.. longer stun time with carbonize. and the 4 piece of combat tech isnt as useful as the eliminator either.. would you rather have 15% crit for an instant ranged attack that is one of our highest hitters.. or 15% crit for a melee skill that is mostly used by mercs to knock back and occasionally when enemies enter melee range.

I accidentally grabbed 2 pieces of combat tech (i was suckered by the crit / surge and set bonuses dont show on the vendor) but honestly im ok with it at this point, im running 2 pc combat tech (15 sec less cd on determination) and 2 pc eliminator (5 sec off jetboost).

Im already over 100% accuracy with only 2 pieces of eliminator gear, i kinda like the crit / surge from combat tech

i have been thinking about getting 3 2piece bonus's to round out the stats on my gear