Decisions.... Which Rakata adrenal?

Kricys

Depends on gear, but since it's your third i'd guesstimate that power is far better.

I have a regular reuseable surge adrenal and it only brings my crits from 89% to 98%. The PVP power trinket adds more damage to my crits (and obviously more damage to everything else as well) from a lower value of added power than the adrenal gives surge.

Haven't bothered with any theorycrafting yet, but observational data seems to suggest you hit the brick wall of heavy diminishing returns on surge rather early.

Edit: Since i noticed who posted. You can't judge class balance from results in pug warzones/battleground/et al.

Edited by Zhorx

All good, got another alloy so i made both lol

Care to update on how each worked? Since i had only anecdotal evidence i'd appreciate your observations now that you have them both?

Was power really better as i expected?

The crit/surge is going to be the better choice in the short term, depending on your gear. Crit caps at +30% and surge caps at +50%. In 2/3s champion, 1/3rd **** quest gear, I have +25% surge and +25% crit.

The crit/surge adrenal basically pushes my crit to 28% ish and surge to +44% ish.

For the current time, the 20% boost to surge is reasonably worth it -- it guarantees my Smash will crit for 5200 on a softish target.

With higher gear (more champ, battlemaster on top), I imagine that unbuffed surge will push 30% at least, hopefully 35%. At that level (and with base crit% approaching 28%), the adrenal becomes a tad superfluous -- it's only going to add like 10% surge, not 20%, and maybe 1% crit.

At that point, use Power.

Do you find the adrenals worth it at all? And do you use them only in PVP?

Adrenals are great. Use them in PvP or PvE, typically at the same time you use your relic.

I popped a relic, adrenal, and bloodthirst the other day to land a 5200 Smash on a soft target. Need to try to do it with a red buff.

The crit/surge is going to be the better choice in the short term, depending on your gear. Crit caps at +30% and surge caps at +50%. In 2/3s champion, 1/3rd **** quest gear, I have +25% surge and +25% crit.

I don't think there is a hardcap. I have 40% crit, 85% surge. Consumables go way higher.

The cap is on the conversion of rating to %; e.g the base %. If you have talents that add a straight % chance to crit (pretty sure you guys do), those are "on top" and unrelated to the cap.

Edit: Hit a Rakata Surge adrenal and your Surge will go to 98% or something. It will never hit 100%.

Sidenote: It may appear to go over 100% if you have a talent that adds crit damage to "all" attacks and displays on the character sheet. Then it will be: 10 billion surge rating -> 99.99% surge + 30% crit damage (for example) = 129.99%.

Sidenote2: The formulas on sithwarrior.com are slightly old so they may have changed the crit cap, but I have a feeling they didn't.

Edited by EasymodeX

With the power adrenal up and my power relic I'm at 860 bonus damage for force attacks, 540 for melee. The surge adrenal gives me about 30% more crit multiplier. Power at least in my gear is a better choice, everything hits like a truck. Took half of someones health with a ravage. 3-4k vicious slashes and 6-7k smashes are nice. Edited by Kricys