Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Did PVP XP get nerfed again?

Coyotecalls

I logged in this morning and for fun played on my level 12 bounty hunter. I leveled mostly in PVP from 14 to 24 on my last character and doing constant PVP I rocketed up in levels but after the patch I am hardly getting one bubble worth of XP per game. I didn't see anything about it in the patch notes. Stealth nerf much?

It's just the same as it was yesterday, you're imagining things or have only been playing losing matches today.

Yeah, you're correct I guess. We finally had a game of Huttball where it wasn't a team full of unstopable sages scoring one after the other and when we won it was back to normal.

I logged in this morning and for fun played on my level 12 bounty hunter. I leveled mostly in PVP from 14 to 24 on my last character and doing constant PVP I rocketed up in levels but after the patch I am hardly getting one bubble worth of XP per game. I didn't see anything about it in the patch notes. Stealth nerf much?

It's because you are losing, and that's because you are level 12 and taking up a slot a higher level could have filled, and possibly helped to win.

It's because you are losing, and that's because you are level 12 and taking up a slot a higher level could have filled, and possibly helped to win.

I actually score an average of 2 balls a game because I can run by the attackers and they don't pay attention to me. I'm not a threat but then I'm in position to catch the ball and pass it to someone else down the map.

Also in the one where you have to plant bombs on the doors I run in and shoot people then run back away from the door and like morons several people will try and chase me down. I lead them away from the door and let the other people plant the bombs.

Being low level can make things better just as much as being higher level.

I actually score an average of 2 balls a game because I can run by the attackers and they don't pay attention to me. I'm not a threat but then I'm in position to catch the ball and pass it to someone else down the map.

Also in the one where you have to plant bombs on the doors I run in and shoot people then run back away from the door and like morons several people will try and chase me down. I lead them away from the door and let the other people plant the bombs.

Being low level can make things better just as much as being higher level.

There is no situation where a low level is better than a high level.

Yeah, you're correct I guess. We finally had a game of Huttball where it wasn't a team full of unstopable sages scoring one after the other and when we won it was back to normal.

unstoppable to level 12's ya guess so. as for 50's with 500 expertise lol gl getting passed to score on a clothy ill force sweep a clothy for 5.5k 1 hit

Edited by warkat

There is no situation where a low level is better than a high level.

What do you suggest? That low level players simply not queue up for PvP, even though they're allowed to and don't have a choice but to PvP with players 40 levels higher? He wasn't "taking up a slot". He was playing the game like everybody else.

Edited by vindianajones

unstoppable to level 12's ya guess so. as for 50's with 500 expertise lol gl getting passed to score on a clothy ill force sweep a clothy for 5.5k 1 hit

Force Sprint is a powerful tool if used correctly in huttball, sorry you don't really understand.

What do you suggest? That low level players simply not queue up for PvP, even though they're allowed to and don't have a choice but to PvP with players 40 levels higher? He wasn't "taking up a slot". He was playing the game like everybody else.

Yup I suggest that they either finally implement brackets, or make 30 the minimum level to PvP.

Have you ever tried to heal a level 13 "tank" that thinks he can run into the group of enemies because he is a "tank".

Any time my premade gets more than 2 level 10-20, we just go ahead and leave and requeue because it's such a severe handicap.

Hehehehe....you think lvl matters. Silly. Lvl 50 maybe, but I compete as well or better on all my low lvl toons in pvp.

Yup I suggest that they either finally implement brackets, or make 30 the minimum level to PvP.

Have you ever tried to heal a level 13 "tank" that thinks he can run into the group of enemies because he is a "tank".

Any time my premade gets more than 2 level 10-20, we just go ahead and leave and requeue because it's such a severe handicap.

Your the problem with pvp in this game.

Hehehehe....you think lvl matters. Silly. Lvl 50 maybe, but I compete as well or better on all my low lvl toons in pvp.

In your own mind you do, but in fact you do not. There is a HUGE difference between bolstered 20's and actual 50's... not including the expertise.

Let me guess you are on a PvE server, and you actually think you are playing top notch PvP matches...

Force Sprint is a powerful tool if used correctly in huttball, sorry you don't really understand.

its kind hard to force sprint when i cast force exhaustion -> Force choke...Not to mention a vanguard will just grappling hook them back to us into the cleave team to hand us back the ball. L2Plizay?

Though I'm sure bracets are coming. Though the rest of what your saying seems to express something beyond elitism, almost as if you're trying to promote the Third Reich type attitude against anybody who is lower level then you, so, good luck with that.

Well in hutt ball any lvl of the consular/inquisitor can contribute soon as they get force speed and knockback. Those two skills simply dominate huttball.

Other class below 20 is pretty much a dead weight that will be r..ed in 10s by any player above 40 that has a brain.

Do you think low lvls who wanna pvp enjoy being against lvl 50's with full gear? Blame bioware slackers who took brackets out.

• 1 month later...
There is nothing more infuriating than pvping with people who don't have sprint in huttball.

Then Up the pvp requirement or don't put sub par lvl before lvl 14 (sprint lvl) in huttball? I mean that is severely the minority and shouldn't' effect XP in any way shape or form for pvp anyways. It got nerfed WAY to much, the original character I levelled was really balanced I thought, nice amount for pvp, made me wanna pvp, and PvE was good to, I did every quest on every planet, but I do not wanna do all that again, I'd MUCH rather PvP than do the same quests over and over and over again with different characters (apart from their main storyline quests)

In your own mind you do, but in fact you do not. There is a HUGE difference between bolstered 20's and actual 50's... not including the expertise.

Let me guess you are on a PvE server, and you actually think you are playing top notch PvP matches...

Let me guess, you think that the removal of an optional pvp flag in world pvp makes all the best players go there?

All I see is it makes people who want to pvp without bolster (i.e. gank noobs) play there.

All end-game pvp is the same across any server, ganking noobs (or being ganked while playing a noob char) is what you miss out on by not going for a pvp server.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.