Someone who played WoW please tell me

Zoma

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't played WOW for about 10 months this time, have played since day one and leave after each xpac when I am bored. I will leave SWTOR also as soon as I am bored with the content. I don't tend to stay for big patches only come back when a xpac hits.

Why would you leave it for a worse version with the Star Wars title smacked on?

Is it really just because it's Star Wars? That seems like a lame reason to quit a game that has every feature this one does + more and far less bugs.

It's been out for 7 years, I have been playing it for 7 years, it was time to move on 2 years ago. Does that explain it?

Is it really just because it's Star Wars? That seems like a lame reason to quit a game that has every feature this one does + more and far less bugs.

WoW is now a bad game and not fun, especially if you played from launch like i did.

This game is not perfect but its fresh, fun, and has lots of room to grow

Because the people who bought wow are just as big of jerks as the people who started playing wow in the burning crusade. ;D

also, 10 bucks that the guy who started this thread works for them >.>

Edited by luzzo

I still play Wow raided today i also still play Eve and Anarchy online i just like playing new games and will prob quit playing this when gw2 come's

New game. New feel, different style, different community.

SWTOR puts a focus on creating a good game, rather than creating a good MMO.

If it only feels like WoW with Star Wars label slapped on, move on and don't play it. A lot of people find the differences massively refreshing.

I played EverQuest several years, until they dumbed it down so much that I didn't enjoy it any more. Then I played WOW, until they dumbed it down so much that I didn't enjoy it any more. I actually haven't played WOW in almost a year. I'm hoping that BioWare doesn't give in to the kiddies and whiners and dumb this down, too.

I still play Wow raided today i also still play Eve and Anarchy online i just like playing new games and will prob quit playing this when gw2 come's

I like honest people like you. I'm willing to bet you thought ahead when you were younger and have a decent job now.

It only took the OP how many threads to get people to respond to his trolling....

mods, please /lock thread

It only took the OP how many threads to get people to respond to his trolling....

mods, please /lock thread

what trolling? I was asking a legitimate question.

Speaking of which aren't you the person who's been going up and down just about every thread tonight begging for a lock?

I left WoW because it was boring. SWTOR isent better in any way if you ask me, its just new.

Seeing they fail even worst than Blizz opening a game ( and Blizz even did it 7 years ago, so you should think tecnology and experiance would be better ) makes me reconsider if i should subscripe to this game.

Concerns so far :

1. Absolutly NO official post on forums when people ask questions.

2. Servers being labeled Full with only a fraction of people invited to start playing as of now.

3. Fatal account issue's, that so far havent even had a official response that they are aware of it.

And thats just to name a few.

Personnaly i want to play because its a new game ( i have played beta for months, so not that new anymore :) ) but i can already now say, im only going to pay if its to play. If its to being in queue, im not going to hand over my money.

I played EverQuest several years, until they dumbed it down so much that I didn't enjoy it any more. Then I played WOW, until they dumbed it down so much that I didn't enjoy it any more. I actually haven't played WOW in almost a year. I'm hoping that BioWare doesn't give in to the kiddies and whiners and dumb this down, too.

Did you just really post something without your LOL patentented WAH line

You're slipping

New game. New feel, different style, different community.

SWTOR puts a focus on creating a good game, rather than creating a good MMO.

If it only feels like WoW with Star Wars label slapped on, move on and don't play it. A lot of people find the differences massively refreshing.

I get such a kick out of the space combat mini-game, i gained almost 2 full levels just from space missions in a day. I couldnt stop doing it ^^

*sigh*, ok, here's why I'm playing... aside from all the story reasons and stuff.

It's not about what the game IS, it's about what the game will BECOME.

I liked WoW just fine. I quit because I refuse to schedule playtime for 4 or 5 nights a week, 6 hours at a time, and get yelled at by some douchbag on the other side of the country, just so I can progress.

TOR has smaller group sizes, shorter raids(operations), and ACTUAL non-raiding/pvp end game content.

TOR also just started, WoW is years old, and just keeps digging itself deeper into the same hole.

WoW is stagnant mediocrity.

TOR is opportunity. :)

Edited by Taelin

ummmm both games are way diferent, do you eat the same cereal for 7 years? or do you change everynow and then? when Warhammer online came out, someone asked the same question, and its been asked about Rift, Age of Conan etc etc point is, ppl leave Wow other dont... there, i fed the troll. :) now im gonna go play my Orc then il play my Jedi.

Haha check out your own signature dude xD; you mad?

wow what an amazing comeback. I should get off now because I am just too depressed to keep chatting.

You know, if I was any smarter I'd think you had no response to what I said.

I played WoW for 7 years off and on. I canceled my sub around 6 months ago after becoming bored with Cataclysm content. Primarily I was a raider/roleplayer, with rated BG's and arena on the side. I really enjoyed my time with WoW.

I won't be returning to WoW because I have found in 4 betas that this game is more enjoyable to me. Reasons..

- Yes, partially because Star Wars IP > Warcraft IP to me, and on a broader scale Sci Fi > High Fantasy.

- I love the story cutscenes and VO, it makes questing more than mindless task.

- Combat is smooth and fluid like WoW.

- PvP is enjoyable, especially Huttball.

- Companions and a new take on crafting.

- Space content, while somewhat limited now, I know in the future it will be expanded upon. One of the reasons SWG was so fun for me was that you had 2 games essentially, space flight sim and ground mmo combat.

- Art style.

- Etc, etc.