List of common misconceptions

ryanvward

The spirit of this thread is to encourage devs to please make a living list, preferably sticky, where players can refer to about things that may or may not be true.

There are several things that I had read about that scared me, until I read further and somehow found a dev/moderator response.

Here is a list of things I have read on other places, which I have found out to be false.

1) Going to Illum too early gets you banned

2) Dancing gets you banned

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=1159550#post1159550

3) Swearing in private channels gets you banned/warned.

*This may actually be true if someone tells on you.

4) Buying and selling on the Galactic Trade Network gets you banned.

5) Your account permanently gets deleted when you cancel your subscription.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=125480&page=6

This is pretty much my entire list, please add some more rumors you have found out that are false.

Edited by ryanvward

I would like to see official responses to these.

Its called common sense and knowledge of the rules...how much more official do you need it to be?

You dont get banned for dancing you get banned for using an exploit that involves using a particular emote just before fighting. The only people who've been banned for this were purposely and with full knowledge doign this out on pvp planets or while pveing. If your doign something and see its causing something that it shouldn't then stop doing it and report it. Its an exploit and exploiting gets you banned.

Same thing with Farming or rather camping on a particular node in an area you shouldn't be and then using the illbegotten gains for illicit activities like selling gold. You find a node you use it and you move on you don't sit ontop of it in a spot where there's little opposition by mobs and camp it. Finally a dev fights ridiculous gold farming camping techinques.

Swearing infront of people that might take offense is always bad. If you want to swear make sure your guild / group are mature people who really don't care. But expect if you curse AT someone and not in general you'll be turned in asap.

SWTOR is like every MMO on the market if you cancel your account is simply deactiviated. I'm not sure why there's always a section of people who believe everything disappears...such a techinque is a surefire way to ensure that no player ever returns to your game.

I'm not sure about the buying / reselling issue..If your using illbegotten gains and using the GTN to create farm gold expect to get caught or ratted on when someone figures out your a farmer.

There is a huge problem, I am not sure if you are aware of it. People on the forums from That Other Game are fabricating emails, allegedly from BioWare customer service, where they are claiming to have been warned/banned for silly things.

In my opinion, since there is no easily accessible repository of this kind of information, it is scaring players from That Other Game away from ever trying SW:ToR.

I'm not sure what the motivation behind this kind of treachery is.

SWTOR is like every MMO on the market if you cancel your account is simply deactiviated. I'm not sure why there's always a section of people who believe everything disappears...such a techinque is a surefire way to ensure that no player ever returns to your game.

Everquest deleted characters after a relatively short time, and they still remain one of the more successful MMOs ever.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.