The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

New

sologungod

So I'm new to the game as in... Starting tonight after work but know I want to be a power tech. Other then lvling as much as possible any other tips? Things to work towards getting or what type of "crafting"?? I should do, if that's what it is called on this game.... Any info is helpful :)

So I'm new to the game as in... Starting tonight after work but know I want to be a power tech. Other then lvling as much as possible any other tips? Things to work towards getting or what type of "crafting"?? I should do, if that's what it is called on this game.... Any info is helpful :)

Yea once you land go to Imp fleet, talk to all crew member skill people. You'll be like lvl 4 and outlvl the mobs so you can blow by hutta very very fast.

Crafting, up to you. I went biochem for the reusable medpac/stimpac/adrenals. They kick major butt in pvp/4 mans. Bioanalysis to supply biochem. Slicing to supply credits. Diplomacy will be needed by friend or buy off AH to make more special stuff.

Mako is your friend as a PT. Um lower lvls I wouldn't go the ST/Pyro build, but 45+ I'd do it.

LOL Okay well some of what you said is going right over my head but I've got it written down and will keep my eyes open as I get more familiar with game for what you're suggesting! Really appreciate it. If you think of anything else please let me know!

LOL Okay well some of what you said is going right over my head but I've got it written down and will keep my eyes open as I get more familiar with game for what you're suggesting! Really appreciate it. If you think of anything else please let me know!

Well I can explain any of it, just ask. Here to help.

Basically, once you land, talk and can move your toon by yourself, get the quests, do the first series. Go back get second series. This series will send you to the spaceport on Hutta to take care of a husband/kid (no spoilers). Once you do that, keep heading into spaceport to the shuttle that will take you to the imperial fleet. Once on the fleet, open map, head to the crew skills section. TALK TO EVERY TRAINER THERE. you will get MAD xp and be like lvl 4. This will let you outlvl the quests on hutta and blow through the content faster.

ST=shield tech tree

Pyro=pyro tree

Doing Adv Prototype up to lv 27 so far, I wouldn't recommend it. Good heat management (almost never have to look at it) but not much else. General consensus seems to be start with Pyro. At 30, either stick with pyro or go into shield for the jet charge, all depends on if you wanna be a rocket tank or a firebug.

Yeah I get real mixed feelings about the AT spec.. I think I'll try out pyro and go from there when I get to that point :) I saw a cool pvp'ish build for pyro I liked that I may try out when I get higher level.. Since I do want to pvp a little bit!