The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Here's a tip for a visual queue for Rail gun procs.

Gorganish

I personally have a hard time seeing when rail gun is ready to fire. Without addons to pop up on my screen telling me what button to push I have another solution which I'm sure others have done before me.

Ensure you have all 4 quickslot bars on your screen. I know space is at a premium with all the abilities and such. I have my hotkey for railgun set to E and the icon is on my top bottom bar, whatever, you can put that where you want.

The point of this post.....

Go to your abilities and drag out more rail gun icons to your quickbar to use as visual queues. I personally have an easier time looking top left when I'm fightign so I put 3 extra rail gun icons in the top left and top right so I have an easier time seeing when it procs.

Hope this helps. You can obviously tailor this to your needs (maybe bottom is easier to see for some people)

Keep on burnin'

Edit: Just killed a couple more mobs. I moved a couple rail gun icons around so now I have 2 at the top of each side bar and 1 at the very bottom of each side bar. It seems to work out better having 4 points of visual reference.

The beauty of it is that you can do whatever you want with this.

Edited by Gorganish

Um just listen to your toon laugh? That's when you know you got a Rail proc.

Also, with all my abilities/relics/etc I don't have room for extra rail gun icons.

Its not just me then... was playing around with pyro the other day and kept hearing this. Guildies thought i was going mad lol.

For the rocket punch refresh of flame shield there is also a slightly different flash of your shield compared to normal shielding. Much more subtle but there if your looking for it

Um just listen to your toon laugh? That's when you know you got a Rail proc.

That is all you need, i just start to laugh like this IRL... need to slow gaming a little.

And if you are playing without sound effects, just keep an eye on rail shot we dont have many "procable" abilities and its not that hard if you are not playing on a cinema screen.