The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

PvP gear sets!

RehKi

There are 4 "heavy armor" sets you can get from the PvP.

Battlemaster Combat Medic's Gear <=== Clearly for commandos

Battlemaster Combat Tech's Gear

Battlemaster Eliminator's Gear

Battlemaster Supercommando's Gear <=== Clearly our tanking set

I wonder which one is our DPS

The bonuses for each are:

Battlemaster Combat Medic's Gear

* 2 pieces: Increases the duration of Energy Shield or Reactive Shield by 3 seconds.

* 4 pieces: Reduces the cooldown of Healing Scan or Advanced Medical Probe by 1.5 seconds and the cooldown of Emergency Scan or Bacta Infusion by 3 seconds.

* 2 pieces: Increases the duration of Carbonize or Neural Surge by 0.5 seconds, and reduces the cooldown of Determination or Tenacity by 15 seconds.

* 4 pieces: Increases the critical chance of Rocket Punch or Stockstrike by 15%.

* 2 pieces: Reduces the cooldown of Jet Boost or Concussion Charge by 5 seconds.

* 4 pieces: Increases the critical chance of Rail Shot or High Impact Bolt by 15%.

Battlemaster Supercommando's Gear

* 2 pieces: Reduces the cooldown of Heat Blast and Jet Charge or Energy Blast and Storm by 1.5 seconds.

* 4 pieces: Increases your damage dealt to players by 5% while you Guard another player.

Now I would like to know which spec is good for each set of gears.

Battlemaster Combat Medic's Gear

- Clearly, this set isn't good for vanguard... so we clearly won't get this set.

- This set seems to be oriented for commandos

- This set bonus seems to be for bounty hunters??? *** is Jet Boost or Concussion Charge ??

Battlemaster Supercommando's Gear

- This set is for "tanking" shield spec vanguards

- and this is what I currently use

As for guns, there is only Eliminator or Super commandoes riffles... so my guess is that both Eliminator's (dps) and Supercommando's(tanking) are our gearset... but... I'm still wondering why the 1st 2 piece bonus isn't giving anything for us.

Halp please!! :D

Edited by RehKi

Eliminator is intended for DPS Commandos- the 2-piece bonus is for an ability Vanguards don't get. However, some Vanguards like the Eliminator set anyway for the HIB bonus.

Combat Tech is "supposed" to be the DPS set for Vanguards.