Anyone grinding to rank 60 valor, i've got a warning for you.

SinisterWarlock

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually it is ... grinds are in place to keep you entertained because ... wait for it ... Development teams cannot produce content quick enough to saturate the thirst of the consumers . Once the majority of players have say champion gear, you can bet you're pretty petunia that they'll be adding some sort of super battlemaster gear.

People like the OP can't comprehend ideas like this. They don't understand the time to create something is always a significantly longer process than going through and experiencing the end product. Whether it be a book, movie, song, game, etc...

People like the OP can't comprehend ideas like this. They don't understand the time to create something is always a significantly longer process than going through and experiencing the end product. Whether it be a book, movie, song, game, etc...

You fail to comprehend my simple request. That valor per level should have been more from the start, instead of a set 100 per level, it should have been something like 20-30%, so the player is not given the false impression that rank 60 is easier to reach than it really is. The total time to reach rank 60 would still be the same as it is now, but it would be spread more evenly over levels 1-60.

The latter levels would still be slow, but nobody would be met by an expected 4000% increase in valor requirement per level upon hitting valor 51.

I know there's too much logic in this post, so it will be ignored, or trolled.

Edited by SinisterWarlock

While you're at it, let's see some of your warzone stats screeshots, none of you have provided any evidence to try to show up my stats, i wonder why that is?

Because your stats have obviously nothing to do with skill, which you are lacking for the fact, that you didn't even bind every skill. You don't even have all your available skills on your hotbars...

And trying to argument that moving with mouse is as efficient as a full keybound configuration proves that you don't even know what skill really means.

Stats != skill

Got statistics to back up your claim?

Silly american, thinking most people only speak 1 language

The 10 most common first languages, and number of speakers:

Mandarin Chinese, 885 million. Spanish, 332 million. English, 322 million. Arabic, 220 million. Bengali, 189 million. Hindi, 182 million. Portuguese, 170 million. Russian, 170 million. Japanese, 125 million. German, 98 million. Percentage of world's languages of Asian origin: 32 Percentage of world's languages of African origin: 30 Percentage of world's languages of Pacific origin: 19 Percentage of world's languages of American origin: 15 Percentage of world's languages of European origin: 4 Percentage of world's children raised as bilingual speakers: 66 percent. Percentage of U.S. residents who are bilingual: 6.3 percent.

http://articles.cnn.com/2001-06-19/us/language.glance_1_languages-origin-tongues?_s=PM:US

Edited by Orangerascal

I was planning to get to valor rank 60, to get the battlemaster gear, it was a tough choice, i really didn't know if i wanted to do all those warzones, but i decided it would be worth it in the end.

As soon as I got to valor rank 51 I had a nasty surprise. The carrot on the stick was suddenly no longer on a stick, moreso across the atlantic and on another country.

Valor ranks 1-50 increment in a linear fashion, about 100 more valor per level than the last, so by time you're rank 50 you require about 10k valor per level.

At rank 51, totally out of the blue, it now increments by 4k valor per level. You'll need to gain in valor to reach the following ranks:

52: 13.7k

53: 17k

53: 21k

54: 25k

55: 29k

56: 33k

57: 37k

58: 41k

59: 44k

60: 48k

Rank 57-60 will take you as long as you spent doing ranks 1-40, or ranks 40-50.

I unsubbed from the game after finding this out. I don't think it's very good to accustom the player that valor ranks go up in a linear fashion and then suddenly turn it into an epic grind AFTER you've already put in the effort to get to rank 50. Do they think the player will just accept it anyway since they already put in the effort to get to valor 50? Not this player. /unsub

Grind in your threads title is the correct word. If you are not prepared to grind then perhaps mmo's are not for you. everything else in Swtor is fairly quick (leveling up) I am glad to see that there are some things that people have to work for.

You fail to comprehend my simple request. That valor per level should have been more from the start, instead of a set 100 per level, it should have been something like 20-30%, so the player is not given the false impression that rank 60 is easier to reach than it really is. The total time to reach rank 60 would still be the same as it is now, but it would be spread more evenly over levels 1-60.

The latter levels would still be slow, but nobody would be met by an expected 4000% increase in valor requirement per level upon hitting valor 51.

I know there's too much logic in this post, so it will be ignored, or trolled.

Not agreeing with you is not comprehension failure. xD It shouldn't be percent based. That's like saying the amount of xp required to get from level 1 to level 2 should be the same as it is between level 49 to 50. Just because you don't want to take the time to grind it out.

You talk about skill, but natural skill only takes you so far in anything. Unless you're some type of prodigy (and trust me, you're not), you have to sink some major time into whatever you're doing to become good at something. Therefore, rushing to valor level 60 is meaningless. You just want to get better gear faster than everyone else so you have a crutch to lean on until other people catch up. The problem with that is that everyone and their mom is going to have the same gear meaning you're still going to have to put in major time to be better than them. In the end, it's better to be constantly working towards something than to have it instantly. Although it doesn't matter in your case because if you weren't crying about this you'd be crying about already being valor rank 60 and the game not having enough content.

First a 4000% increase in the deltas is much different that a 4000% increase, so get your semantics straight.

from 50-51 ... it's about a 140% increase.

from 51-52 ... it's a 128% increase,

The actual level is actually linear with the delta coefficients increasing at valor 50. (For obvious reasons since you were valor capped at your level). Bioware did not pick this number out of a random hat you know.

Edited by Orangerascal

Silly american, thinking most people only speak 1 language

The 10 most common first languages, and number of speakers:

Mandarin Chinese, 885 million. Spanish, 332 million. English, 322 million. Arabic, 220 million. Bengali, 189 million. Hindi, 182 million. Portuguese, 170 million. Russian, 170 million. Japanese, 125 million. German, 98 million. Percentage of world's languages of Asian origin: 32 Percentage of world's languages of African origin: 30 Percentage of world's languages of Pacific origin: 19 Percentage of world's languages of American origin: 15 Percentage of world's languages of European origin: 4 Percentage of world's children raised as bilingual speakers: 66 percent. Percentage of U.S. residents who are bilingual: 6.3 percent.

http://articles.cnn.com/2001-06-19/us/language.glance_1_languages-origin-tongues?_s=PM:US

I'm not american, not do i live anywhere near America. Also, anyone who thinks america uses their own language is a tool.

I'm not american, not do i live anywhere near America. Also, anyone who thinks america uses their own language is a tool.

I see you fail at you're one and only language because I never said that. You asked for statistics ... I provided. No more ... no less.

Edited by Orangerascal

Keyboard turning? Didn't you know you can turn, or turn and move at the same time in any combination by holding the right mouse button?

Is it too hard for you to grasp the idea that somebody could do this and use their abilities with both the mouse and keyboard at the same time?

Don't even try to put down someone elses playstyle, paticuarly if that player is a good player, you will lose the argument every time.

Nobody gives a **** what your playstyle is, at least they shouldn't, only if you're a good player, or a bad player.

You have no keybinds, it's pretty much impossible for you to fight at the same efficiency as someone who does.

Meaning it is physically impossible for you to mouse turn and click an ability on your bar at the same time. This means non clickers will run circles around you in PVP.

Half of your bars are completely empty as well.

If you are a clicker you either keyboard turn or you just stand there looking like an idiot while melee run circles around you. You are the type of player I can back stab while you are fighting me. I.E. I run around behind you and backstab you while you keyboard turn in a circle trying to click tracer missile.

Not agreeing with you is not comprehension failure. xD It shouldn't be percent based. That's like saying the amount of xp required to get from level 1 to level 2 should be the same as it is between level 49 to 50. Just because you don't want to take the time to grind it out.

You talk about skill, but natural skill only takes you so far in anything. Unless you're some type of prodigy (and trust me, you're not), you have to sink some major time into whatever you're doing to become good at something. Therefore, rushing to valor level 60 is meaningless. You just want to get better gear faster than everyone else so you have a crutch to lean on until other people catch up. The problem with that is that everyone and their mom is going to have the same gear meaning you're still going to have to put in major time to be better than them. In the end, it's better to be constantly working towards something than to have it instantly. Although it doesn't matter in your case because if you weren't crying about this you'd be crying about already being valor rank 60 and the game not having enough content.

No it's not. Example, level 1, to 2, takes 100 valor, from then on it's a 30% increase per level.

level 1 100 valor

level 2 130 valor

level 3 169 valor

level 4 219 valor

level 5 284 valor

level 6 369 valor

level 7 479 valor

level 8 662 valor

level 9 860 valor

level 10 1118 valor

This is just an example, and the percent is probably not the right amount.

Level 58 to 59 might be 30,000 valor, level 59-60 would then be 40,000 valor.

Level 59-60 is definetly not the same as level 1 to 2. Again, failing to understand simple things put in front of them.

Wow this tool would have never survived Lineage. This game is easy mode, stop whining. I want Valor Rank 100 and you won't see me complaining about the "required" points. What you will see is me grinding battle grounds non-stop until I get there.

Good rewards/high status comes from hard work. Nothing else will change that. Either get used to it or run back to mommy and daddy and let them make everything better.

You have no keybinds, it's pretty much impossible for you to fight at the same efficiency as someone who does.

Meaning it is physically impossible for you to mouse turn and click an ability on your bar at the same time. This means non clickers will run circles around you in PVP.

Half of your bars are completely empty as well.

If you are a clicker you either keyboard turn or you just stand there looking like an idiot while melee run circles around you. You are the type of player I can back stab while you are fighting me. I.E. I run around behind you and backstab you while you keyboard turn in a circle trying to click tracer missile.

Except my primary skills are on the number keys, so i can mouse turn and use those skills to attack you or heal myself while you run circles around me. Also, no matter what you will run circles around me because your skills have no activation timer as a melee whereas mine require me to stand still and wait for the activation timer.

Bounty hunter has hardly any instant use skills and the ones that are instant use require you to remain still to complete the channel.

Result, you won't see a BH merc dancing around with people much because if they are moving they are not using any skills.

Except my primary skills are on the number keys, so i can mouse turn and use those skills to attack you or heal myself while you run circles around me. Also, no matter what you will run circles around me because your skills have no activation timer as a melee whereas mine require me to stand still and wait for the activation timer.

Bounty hunter has hardly any instant use skills and the ones that are instant use require you to remain still to complete the channel.

Result, you won't see a BH merc dancing around with people much because if they are moving they are not using any skills.

You have like 4 skills keybound. I have 32 distinct keybinds that I use on a regular basis in PVP. You are bad.

P.S. Valor rank 60 doesn't take much time at all stop being a baby.

So...it'll take you less than a month to get to valor 60. ZOMGZ SOO LONG!!!!

After grinding through Aion, this is amazing to me.

lol i unsubbed because i didn't get Elite Warlord / full battle master in 3 days of wargames Wah.

You have like 4 skills keybound. I have 32 distinct keybinds that I use on a regular basis in PVP. You are bad.

P.S. Valor rank 60 doesn't take much time at all stop being a baby.

I have 9 skills bound to number keys. So many people are so full of ****. And yeah i'm bad, i must suck, how else would I get constant 9-11 medals, 3-4 MVP votes and be the deciding factor on our teams wins. Oh i forgot, it the class i play, all BH are OP and all teams with a BH always win.

I have 9 skills bound to number keys. So many people are so full of ****. And yeah i'm bad, i must suck, how else would I get constant 9-11 medals, 3-4 MVP votes and be the deciding factor on our teams wins.

Because it's easy to get medals and has nothing to do with how good you are?

Because it's easy to get medals and has nothing to do with how good you are?

What about the 300k healing and 300k dmg I reguarly do then in each warzone? The high objectives scored, the low number of deaths, getting the most MVP votes, what's your reasoning behind those?

Come on, i want to hear what total ******** you're going to spout.#

While you're at it, link us some of your matches, a lot of people talk a big game in this thread, but it's all talk, they show no stats.

I've played mmos since the day of their inception, probably before you were born.

LOL u made my day.. Didnt u unsub??? Please G T F O cry to someone who cares ( if anyone). Or just QQ hard allday.

What about the 300k healing and 300k dmg I reguarly do then in each warzone? The high objectives scored, the low number of deaths, getting the most MVP votes, what's your reasoning behind those?

Come on, i want to hear what total ******** you're going to spout.

A) It's not hard to do that much damage.

B) You are likely fighting a bunch of level 10-40s most of the time as the rest of us 50s are. It's not a challenge.

C) You are a keyboard turning clicker, anyone who has played MMOs for more than 5 minutes would call you bad. The fact that you are a clicker is bad in and of itself. It doesn't matter what you do or say, you are a clicker.