Anyone grinding to rank 60 valor, i've got a warning for you.

SinisterWarlock

I was planning to get to valor rank 60, to get the battlemaster gear, it was a tough choice, i really didn't know if i wanted to do all those warzones, but i decided it would be worth it in the end.

As soon as I got to valor rank 51 I had a nasty surprise. The carrot on the stick was suddenly no longer on a stick, moreso across the atlantic and on another country.

Valor ranks 1-50 increment in a linear fashion, about 100 more valor per level than the last, so by time you're rank 50 you require about 10k valor per level.

At rank 51, totally out of the blue, it now increments by 4k valor per level. You'll need to gain in valor to reach the following ranks:

52: 13.7k

53: 17k

53: 21k

54: 25k

55: 29k

56: 33k

57: 37k

58: 41k

59: 44k

60: 48k

Rank 57-60 will take you as long as you spent doing ranks 1-40, or ranks 40-50.

I unsubbed from the game after finding this out. I don't think it's very good to accustom the player that valor ranks go up in a linear fashion and then suddenly turn it into an epic grind AFTER you've already put in the effort to get to rank 50. Do they think the player will just accept it anyway since they already put in the effort to get to valor 50? Not this player. /unsub

Edited by SinisterWarlock

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You unsubbed because of this .... seriously? The mmo genre is not for you.

There are R60+'s already and the game isn't even two weeks old. I think we can manage the grind. Good luck in life with that instant gratification mentality .... you're in for a big surprise.

Edited by Orangerascal

Ever played Age of Conan and tried to reach max PvP-Rank? Same as Valor as 1-40 is actually extremely low, regarding people are >53 by now, just some weeks after the game's release. Don't blame BW for not giving out PvP-Gear like candy (like some other companies do...).

Thats how MMOs work.

Higher level=more to grind.

OP made my day.

Also, we all know you DID NOT unsubbed and are on warzone at the moment. Being drama queen will not help your sad case, but it will entertain the rest of us. Here, have a tissue.

Edited by Lerdoc

That's not so bad, especially if you take into account that from level 50 on you can get a buff from ilum that increases your valor gains.

I just hope it will be quickly fixed so that said buff can be obtained by actually fighting for it instead of win trading.

I was planning to get to valor rank 60, to get the battlemaster gear, it was a tough choice, i really didn't know if i wanted to do all those warzones, but i decided it would be worth it in the end.

As soon as I got to valor rank 51 I had a nasty surprise. The carrot on the stick was suddenly no longer on a stick, moreso across the atlantic and on another country.

Valor ranks 1-50 increment in a linear fashion, about 100 more valor per level than the last, so by time you're rank 50 you require about 10k valor per level.

At rank 51, totally out of the blue, it now increments by 4k valor per level. You'll need to gain in valor to reach the following ranks:

I unsubbed from the game after finding this out. I don't think it's very good to accustom the player that valor ranks go up in a linear fashion and then suddenly turn it into an epic grind AFTER you've already put in the effort to get to rank 50. Do they think the player will just accept it anyway since they already put in the effort to get to valor 50? Not this player. /unsub

ROFL

I lolled.

That's not so bad, especially if you take into account that from level 50 on you can get a buff from ilum that increases your valor gains.

I just hope it will be quickly fixed so that said buff can be obtained by actually fighting for it instead of win trading.

The ilum valor buff is bugged, it does nothing to increase valor gains in warzones, and valor gains in ilum pvp are so small that warzones are better.

I have to disaggree with the OP too.

High valor PVP gear should have to be earned and not given away. Hell, below 50 I can earn a valor rank about once or twice a day. With the OP's current line of thinking that would mean that to reach level 65 would require less than 4 weeks of steady playing.

Four weeks to meet the requirement for full pvp gear ... yeah talk about a game killer. Especially with no brackets in place and those level 50s then get to truly dominate in the warzones (not that they aren't already).

Making it even easier to get this gear for them would just be adding salt to the wound.

I must say i tihnk your pathetic, the game has been out a couple of weeks and your unhappy that its a takes a bit of time to get to top rank?

Woud you rather it took you 1 week, then youll just have nohting else to do, whats is the harm in it taking a while.

You must be young or just have a poor attitude in general, for some reason society has bred pepole want things easy and quick these days.

your not going to get any sympathy here.

I see many people fail to understand the point.

The valor gained per rank is set to 100 per level for 50 levels, this is to string the player along, making something appear eaiser to acquire than it really is.

The higher ranks take longer? No ****! They should have scaled it like they do leveling 1-50, and like most games do, the amount required for the next level is something like 20-30% more than the previous level, that way you know what you're getting yourself into, you can calculate the future leveling costs.

Instead, they randomnly change the leveling costs at rank 51, to be about 4000% more per level than you expected it to be. That's plain bad game design.

I must say i tihnk your pathetic, the game has been out a couple of weeks and your unhappy that its a takes a bit of time to get to top rank?

Woud you rather it took you 1 week, then youll just have nohting else to do, whats is the harm in it taking a while.

You must be young or just have a poor attitude in general, for some reason society has bred pepole want things easy and quick these days.

your not going to get any sympathy here.

I'm pathetic for not wanting to waste so much of my time on a game? People really have a strange defintion of pathetic these days.

You unsubbed because of this .... seriously? The mmo genre is not for you.

There are R60+'s already and the game isn't even two weeks old. I think we can manage the grind. Good luck in life with that instant gratification mentality .... you're in for a big surprise.

If you think that takes a long time, you should have seen realm points in DAoC.

The valor gained per rank is set to 100 per level for 50 levels, this is to string the player along, making something appear eaiser to acquire than it really is.

The higher ranks take longer? No ****! They should have scaled it like they do leveling 1-50, and like most games do, the amount required for the next level is something like 20-30% more than the previous level, that way you know what you're getting yourself into, you can calculate the future leveling costs.

Instead, they randomnly change the leveling costs at rank 51, to be about 4000% more per level than you expected it to be. That's plain bad game design.

Maybe they just wanted it to be easier for people to get the Champion title. Are you really that angry that they did what you think is a bait-and-switch?

How else do you draw the line on who gets T3 PvP gear and who gets T2 since there's no rated system yet?

Big deal. You just defined an MMO, you know a SUBSCRIPTION based game. It's supposed to take forever.

I have to disaggree with the OP too.

High valor PVP gear should have to be earned and not given away. Hell, below 50 I can earn a valor rank about once or twice a day. With the OP's current line of thinking that would mean that to reach level 65 would require less than 4 weeks of steady playing.

Four weeks to meet the requirement for full pvp gear ... yeah talk about a game killer. Especially with no brackets in place and those level 50s then get to truly dominate in the warzones (not that they aren't already).

Making it even easier to get this gear for them would just be adding salt to the wound.

Well bad luck to you, because high rank pvp gear IS given away, champion gear is given away like free water, all you need to do is get lucky wth the bag opening lotto. It only takes a small amount of time per day to acquire the bags from the daily and weekly quests.

Battlemaster gear is given away easily too, once you have rank 60, you have to begin playing the bag lotto game, which just means doing some very simple daily and weekly quests for a small amount of time and with some luck, you can have a full set in a week or two.

The ilum valor buff is bugged, it does nothing to increase valor gains in warzones, and valor gains in ilum pvp are so small that warzones are better.

Ah, I didn't know that (I'm not 50 yet), but even if it is bugged its existence does mean that they don't intend the valor grind to be as bad as the op says. Just hoping they'll fix it quickly.

Maybe they just wanted it to be easier for people to get the Champion title. Are you really that angry that they did what you think is a bait-and-switch?

How else do you draw the line on who gets T3 PvP gear and who gets T2 since there's no rated system yet?

You don't need to be champion rank to get champion gear, you just need to be level 50 and within 1 week of reaching level 50 you can have a full champion gear set with some luck, or nothing if you luck goes against you. Gearing up in pvp is all about lucky dip bags.

Don't blame BW for not giving out PvP-Gear like candy (like some other companies do...).

Can I have some of whatever drugs you are on?

They do give out PVP gear like candy, more than any other game I have EVER played. More so than WoW or any other MMO.

I had 4 champion pieces a few hours after hitting 50. I have almost all champion gear now at valor rank 55.

It's not just me either all of my guild mates who PVP have just as much gear, some more. Yeah sure there are some unlucky people out there, but it seems the vast majority are literally swimming in unassembled items. Some guy on my server is valor rank 20 something and has 8 pieces of champion gear. =/

The battlemaster (rank 60) gear isn't even a big upgrade over champion. It's like 4-5 endurance 4-5 willpower etc. It's nowhere near the jump that cent to champ is.

Big deal. You just defined an MMO, you know a SUBSCRIPTION based game. It's supposed to take forever.

You're right, i defined AN mmo, this one. All the others i've played that use a linear leveling system allow you to calculate your leveling requirements based on a simple calculation that you need something like 20-30% more experience than your current level to reach the next, and it's like that for every level.

You totally missed the point where you do something because you enjoy it...

I play PvP because its fun, the rewards are extra motivation for me and the grind to valor 60+ would be nice to achieve, but I will see if I have fun till I reach that goal, if not I am gonna unsub...