Why this game will end up like rift.

Jongar

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey OP, this what your nonsense sounds like, more nonsense:

This game is nothing like marbles. If they don't make it more like marbles then it's going to fail!

Now I don't care about this that game that other game or those other games. If you've got such a "woody" for that game you mention then go play that. I've played them all too and the one I play at the moment is the only one I care about. I never feel the need to compare/complain about this and that. Go write a book about it or go play the other game you've got the hots for.

Oh and I also wanted to let you know what your post really means.

Your skateboard is going to fail because it doesn't have the features of my Dodge Omni

Edited by urtha

When bioware releases an expansion i REALLY hope they will decrese the ammount of quests, BUT will make the quests that are there to be great and long storylines, that will be intresting to play through with choises. A bit like the main questline on everyplanet.

Rift is a pretty successful game considering it's a new IP and the studio's first MMO. They've maintained a good playerbase and recouped development costs and are able to provide new content regularly. I don't see that as reason for comparing as an example of a failure.

I did not read it as an example of failure, merely an expression of the kind of player base that will stick with SWTOR. Nice, little, congenial community, made up of people who enjoy the game. Nothing wrong or bad about that, but it certainly does not describe a game like WoW.

Here's the deal, I have played WoW for years and really enjoyed it. It was a great game. However, everyone is sick of WoW. The expacs feel like more of the same old thing. Nothing new, it all just looks a bit different. It is getting boring.

Why else would there be this huge surge of wow players entering every new MMO that comes down the pike? The initial spike in Rift, War, SWTOR, etc is HUGE, and often made up of people trying to get away from WoW. The problem is that the games just don't measure up.

I like this game, but it has issues like all new games. OP is generally right in most of what was said. It's like Bioware wanted to reinvent the wheel so they released a game that had all of the problems that plagued vanilla wow, instead of learning from wow about what the player base expects today and meeting those expectations out of the gate.

It's like comparing a classic muscle car to a modern sports car; once the nostalgia wears off, you want the comfort and convenience of the modern car. SWTOR is a 1965 Mustang. It will be great as a break from your daily driver, but it won't replace it.

The biggest, most glaring, game breaking issue, the one that can't be fixed, is that the game engine is outdated and horrid. Whoever chose the Hero engine should be fired. My guess is that it was cheap and Bioware figured (like Rift, Aion and Warhammer before it) that eye-candy (and ear-candy) will make up for the unnatural clunky character control. Well, they will eventually pay the price for this decision when the only people who continue playing are those who refuse to go back to WoW on principal or don't want to go to GW2.

Come on, if you think SWTOR presents the very best in character control and fluidity, then I don't know what to say. Furthermore, if you think this can be fixed fast enough to "save" the game (it will always be a nice place to spend some time; you just won't want to live here), then you don't know anything about programming. Look at it this way, the Hero engine is Windows Vista, when the 800lb Gorilla on the block gives you Windows 7.

Edited by Thankyjack

Of your entire list, I can only conclude that, you need to understand this game was released 20th December 2011 and a few days before that for those on early access, me included, its not years old and has time to grow, people like you dont give things a chance you just find the first thing that you don't like them spam whine posts about it on the forum, or in this case just because WoW, RIFT, HelloF*ckingKitty w/e has something and this doesn't yet. Its been said by someone already, not everyone can be pleased, I mean sure there are things id like to see but I understand the fact things take time and ill have to wait like everyone else, I enjoy the game like many others

1- No Dual Spec: when Rift was released, we could have 4 different character specs, then they added the 5th. When this game was released we have only one character spec, this has got to be the biggest joke from bio-ware, even a free to play games have dual specs now.

This one bugged me, the fact in RIFT you could be any advanced class of the main class is the reason it gets boring fast, whats the point or purpose on rolling a character, when you can be any advanced/sub class anyways? Doesnt make your character feel special in anyway or have a genuine purpose because your the same as everyone else and have the same as everyone else anyways. I got to lvl 20 on RIFT had all the class's unlocked and guess what happened, I quit it just wasn't for me, felt like i had achieved nothing and i had no purpose, which i guess is personal preference people will agree or disagree but its true. Not saying it was a bad game at all I played it when it had just started aswell.

To the Duel Spec part, its a nice feature, but who says they wont add it in future? Learn to wait like everyone else not complain. The games been out 'Officially' since 20th December 2011 for f'ck sake, things take time if they was to add EVERYTHING the game would never be out not even in 100 years because there is so much they could add and the list could be endless, as I said already learn to wait like everyone else, if you can't do that by all means quit, saves the rest of us having to read whine posts such as this all the dam time on the forums.

~ Shade

Edited by ShadeWolfUK

Nice. So we can count on you're not gracing our presence this same time next year? Assuming 12/12 doesn't happen of course ... :eek:

Don't worry, we're more likely be invaded by an army of benevolent crabs made of cheese than for the world to end in 2012.

you guys truly live in a dreamworld... comparing a launch from 2004 with a launch from 2011... go grow up - get a leading position in a company that has competition - after that you see prolly you are talking squat

this game is going to fail in lightspeed and is indeed not lightyears ahead of wow, face the truth fanbois - and i don´t even like wow anymore

grow up well grown peopl have patience and realize that any pc game launch with bugs.

if i see BW not addressing these issues after a year then its time to call it a failure till then this gwon up will give it the time that wow needed to get theoir game playable a year.

also wow had competition uo/eq

Edited by jinxsters

Then find something esle to play. The game is not going to change in major ways. Which in my opinion it does not need to. Most of your complaints are not any concerns for me. And here is a news flash for ya....not everyone will like TOR. I tried Rift and didnot like it. But you did not see me on thier forums complaining about the game. :cool:

I agree and deeply hope it doesn't change in major ways. If other games have more features you prefer that is awesome.....what a great problem...which huge sic fi or fantasy game should I choose.

rifts works for some folks....wow for others...some even like DCUO and STO.....

This game is wonderfully designed for many people, I would much rather play the third or fourth most popular gamevand have it be like this, than have them race to change it so it can be 1st