The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Does the "No Escape" skill work in pvp?

Cerec

Do you have a suggestion for a full on 'tank' powertech that is viable for pvp as well as pve?

In other words, I'm curious to find a build that is hybrid with regard to pvp/pve, but full on tank (i.e., not hybrid tank/dps.)

No PVE encounters are so challenging that you're required to spec every possible point of mitigation. Build a PVP tank that you're happy with and it will be fine in PVE.

^

A very large portion of bossfights are DPS checks rather than tank checks. If it is a heal check it is because of AoE damage. As a tank I only take damage worth freaking out about when we hit an enrage timer; you will only hit an enrage timer if a DPS is slacking off and/or dies.

The most necessary part of Shieldtech in current content is Shield Vents, and that is for putting out threat/damage consistently.

Do you have a suggestion for a full on 'tank' powertech that is viable for pvp as well as pve?

In other words, I'm curious to find a build that is hybrid with regard to pvp/pve, but full on tank (i.e., not hybrid tank/dps.)

I am pretty much full mitigation PVE tank spec, and I rock in PVP. Generally speaking I'm #1 on damage and Protection (gogo Guard). In Huttball it is ridiculous, with no heals I can still make it across half a field with 4 people beating on me. It does help to have a ton of PVP gear.

I have yet to be beaten 1v1 by any class/spec.