Is Empire-side AoE Knockback faster than Republic?

Sky_walkerPL

Anyone had issues with area of effect knockbacks?

I'm Jedi Shadow so for me the skill is Force Wave, don't know how it's called for other classes, but I observed few times an odd thing: If I and Sith do this attack simultaneously or even I start it a little bit earlier - It's still me who gets knocked back and sith still stands were he was.

I'm not sure if it's a ping issue though.

Cause if it's an animation issue that something is really badly broken cause thing like tat gives really notable advantage in Hutball or objective-based battles (still though it's most frustrating in hutball).

Next time you pvp don't fight for the first 5 minutes of every encounter, stand back and watch the resolve bars go up and turn a solid white almost silver bar, that means they're immune to CC i.e knockbacks, stuns, etc.

I'm not saying it's unlikely that the Empire spell hits first because it's possible i.e trooper mortar volley starts at 1.3-1.4 and dmg starts around .7 or so where the BH Death From ABOVE starts far earlier, but it's highly possible you're trying to knock back people that are immune to CC's and you don't notice it.

Anyone had issues with area of effect knockbacks?

I'm Jedi Shadow so for me the skill is Force Wave, don't know how it's called for other classes, but I observed few times an odd thing: If I and Sith do this attack simultaneously or even I start it a little bit earlier - It's still me who gets knocked back and sith still stands were he was.

I'm not sure if it's a ping issue though.

Cause if it's an animation issue that something is really badly broken cause thing like tat gives really notable advantage in Hutball or objective-based battles (still though it's most frustrating in hutball).

lmao now you guys are just getting retarded

Next time you pvp don't fight for the first 5 minutes of every encounter, stand back and watch the resolve bars go up and turn a solid white almost silver bar, that means they're immune to CC i.e knockbacks, stuns, etc.

I'm not saying it's unlikely that the Empire spell hits first because it's possible i.e trooper mortar volley starts at 1.3-1.4 and dmg starts around .7 or so where the BH Death From ABOVE starts far earlier, but it's highly possible you're trying to knock back people that are immune to CC's and you don't notice it.

and no not true, was proven wrong in another thread.

Edited by Shammus

So asking about something is being retarded?

OMG.... smart guy you are, you know?

but it's highly possible you're trying to knock back people that are immune to CC's and you don't notice it.

Yes, that's possible. I haven't thought about that.

But still it happens far too often to be just resolve issue, unless something happen and loads of sith run with resolve. Or maybe it's just my bad luck?

Anyone got similar observations or actually: checked how long it takes to fire knockback for both sides?

Force lightning and Project have noticeable differences because of the animation. It would not surprise me if the animations cause the knockbacks timing to be slightly different on republic and Empire sides. Though I don't think it would make much on an impact.

Force wave has about a 1 second delay because of the animation on the republic side ... how is it on the sith side?

Great job trolling a perfectly legitimate question. Here let me phrase it so your IMP shields don't automatically get triggered.

Do Jedi Consular knockbacks happen at a different speed than the Sith Inquisitor knockbacks?

Edited by Orangerascal

Force lightning and Project have noticeable differences because of the animation. It would not surprise me if the animations cause the knockbacks timing to be slightly different on republic and Empire sides. Though I don't think it would make much on an impact.

Yep, that's why I made a post.

And: The Project time delay does make a difference. I lost objectives numerous times already thanks to this while I wouldn't if I'd insta-cast.

Force wave has about a 1 second delay because of the animation on the republic side ... how is it on the sith side?

Sith also as an animation delay: question is - how long comparing to republic?

Edited by Sky_walkerPL

In my defense seeing posts like this get tiring.. its the same stuff over and over and while he has good intentions this is going to end up being one of those things to nerf next threads.

Why? Because no one watches things like numbers flying overhead and at what times they just ASSUME they are slower due to animations, which isn't always the case in most of these.

Edited by Shammus

No sure if you are used to MMO PvP but server lag counts for lots of those weird situations where you whink you started an action before your oponent, but yet your oponent's action affects you before yours affects him.

Oponent ------> 0.2 secs -> SERVER <- 0.8 secs <------------------------ You

The oponent action will reach the server before yours even if you think yours where started before. The server will compute the events in the order they reached it, not in the order they were fired.

This times doubles if you take into account server response - 0.4 to 1.6.

In wow as example is normal to see 5 peeps trying to cap a flag. If you ask them all of them will tell you they were the ones who reached the flag first.