We need something like Gearscore.

Gehoornde

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my opinion gearscore could be an indicator of skill if it weren't for how mmo's give out epics to people fairly easy. Think about it, IF they were as hard as vanilla wow raids and someone had a high gearscore they probably were a competent player. Post Wrarth though a high gearscore meant nothing.

/agree. +1

Nope, much like the old thread from 2008 was brought back from the dead on "Recount" addons... this is just a big fat "No"

The reason this isn't ingame is because Bioware doesn't support this idea (currently). And even if they supported something like 'gearscore" they would see it as potentially problem causing.

Work hard for the good gear and group up... you'll know the tough players... they're the ones rolling all the gear and splattering guts and glory all across the pretty art work they created for us :p

No need for a "gearscore"... you just need to respect what you see with your own eyes.

It isn't smart sending random duel requests :) unless you need a trip to the med-bay :p I think the desire to know what your opponent is wearing is weak and a lawl...

Edited by StillOne

Seems like Hello Kitty is more a game for you since you're SO afraid Gearscore will unveil your mediocracy as a player. Sorry, Pro-gaming isn't for everyone I guess.

And I never said I would unsub if Gearscore is not added, I enjoy the game. But many other hardcore pro players will.

It(s a perfect tool to weed the scrubs from the best of the best.

Please explain, in your own words how a high GS makes you a better player than one with lower.

Edited by Pretorian

Gearscore ruined WoW. Or at least, what little of it that was left that hadn't been picked clean by mods automating the entire game. Or giving unfair advantages to players.

Nothing like sitting in raid chat, listening to an armchair commander guild officer for some guild berate some guy because the officer couldn't be bothered to assess the player who wanted in the raid himself. Or take into account things like enchants and jewels, which usually aren't counted in GS. Which also put the guy way over the qualifications for the raid according to the officers ridiculous idiot theories on how the game worked.

On a side-note, the best logic I heard from someone who supported GS was that you should raid to get the epics you need to qualify for raids.

Whuh?

Gearscore is no indication of player skill or competency. In fact, it's no indication of achievements earned either.

All it takes is for a group to power you through the content to get gear. And even setting that aside, there's nothing there to be "proud" of. It's a game. If you're in the game to try and make other people "oooh" and "ahhh" at your pixels, then you're probably not playing for the right reasons. Because very few people actually care about that in this day and age.

Really, if modding ever occurs I hope that all they let you do is customize the UI. WoW went way in the wrong direction by giving an insane amount of freedom to modders. And they exploited it horribly.

Mods to automatically undercut competition on the AH, mods to automate resource gathering, mods to show you every resource gathering point on the map by default, mods to show you nearby enemy players that aren't stealthed in a window with a distance indicator, removing the element or possibility of surprising someone, mods that partially automate boss fights (And later on, WoW bosses that pretty much required this, since Blizzard didn't have the spine to put a stop to game ruining mods.) by giving you big, loud, text or warning signs when they're about to do anything, and more, are all examples of mods that should never be allowed in MMO's.

And that's just the stuff that's easily obtainable by downloading the major WoW mod packages out there right now. You can do even more stuff that would be considered exploiting in just about any other game, if you care to page through the big mod web-sites.

When you reach the point where one guy has a significant tangible edge over another because they download a mod that automates or grants them access to a feature that otherwise is not accessible without the mod, you've reached a point where modders have gotten too deep into the games guts. And are going to start ruining it for just about everyone else.

Likewise to mods that remove the need to actually play or learn how to play the game to get the rewards involved in doing any given task. This is probably the most pathetic part of the modding scene in WoW at the moment.

For all the elitist crap that gets thrown around with people advocating for things like GS, you'd think people would be more up in arms against mods that pretty much remove the need to actually learn how to play the end-game.

Edited by Radiatonia

Coming from FFXI to WoW I was shocked at how anti-social the WoW experience was, and I blame things like gearscore.

I, for one, would much prefer a system without things like gearscore. Get invited to end-game events based on the social network you create by being friendly and competent. The point is to socialize and develop community, otherwise why play an MMO?

Noooooooooooo gear score!

We should be able to adjust the size of the ui, move it around, et.. I don't think anyone cant argue a valid reason why we should not be able to do that. I can't live without this, seriously I will die in a month if bioware does not add this feature. (BUILT INTO THE GAME, NOT FROM A MOD)

I would love to see mods, but honestly I could live without them, I really like mods, but like i said I can live without them.

gear score was such a horrible mod, I don't want to sound like an elitist but I was a tank for a uber guild that did hardmode 25 full clears and I can tell you gear score was just garbage.

no no no to gear score

mods, I would like some, but nothing that automates anything, I can live without mods

Adjustable ui, scaling, more action bars, this I can't live without!!!!

Edited by haluo

Bioware,

Please allow us to have a gearscore-alike addon. I don't care if it's 3rd party or not.

Right now there is simply NO way to know if another player has skill or not. Adding a simple gearscore sort of thing would fix alot of issues with grouping and I'm not even 50 yet.

What's gonna happen once I enter end-game content? Wipe over and over until I found a good bunch of skilled players? That would take ages.

So please, allow us to have Gearscore or something, to fasten the process to detect skilled players. It's not even a matter of EZ-mode, just saves time. And in the long run, it will save you from a mass exodus of people unsubbing.

Thank you.

EDIT: I'm sorry if I sound elitist, but if you take gaming serious and want to be best of the best in every game you need a minimum of skilltesting without wasting time on talking/grouping/inspecting. I'm sorry if so many if you are offended. I like it pro. Deal with it.

You sound like the biggest moron on the internet. What you are saying is you only want to play with geared people? Not Skilled people? Because items make the player? I guess in MMO's it does because without the items your kinda useless with **** item stats. But that doesnt make some one good. Its a weird concept. You're not a elitist if you play MMO's and if you try to be you're a fat slob. Come at me bro on CS 1.6 or CS:S Cal-M league son.

Edited by ThePersianGamer

cause in this game server rep matters

How does it matter? If you are a guildless scrub maybe. I've been playing with basicly the same people for over a decade. And a core of 15 people. All real life friends and/or workbuddies.

If we decide to be the guild everybody hates in any mmo we play, we still manage to get things done and lots of times even server first.

Edited by Gehoornde

Bioware,

Please allow us to have a gearscore-alike addon. I don't care if it's 3rd party or not.

Right now there is simply NO way to know if another player has skill or not. Adding a simple gearscore sort of thing would fix alot of issues with grouping and I'm not even 50 yet.

What's gonna happen once I enter end-game content? Wipe over and over until I found a good bunch of skilled players? That would take ages.

So please, allow us to have Gearscore or something, to fasten the process to detect skilled players. It's not even a matter of EZ-mode, just saves time. And in the long run, it will save you from a mass exodus of people unsubbing.

Thank you.

EDIT: I'm sorry if I sound elitist, but if you take gaming serious and want to be best of the best in every game you need a minimum of skilltesting without wasting time on talking/grouping/inspecting. I'm sorry if so many if you are offended. I like it pro. Deal with it.

How does it matter? If you are a guildless scrub maybe. I've been playing with basicly the same people for over a decade. And a core of 15 people. All real life friends and/or workbuddies.

If we decide to be the guild everybody hates in any mmo we play, we still manage to get things done and lots of times even server first.

Eugh, exactly the kind of thing many people are trying to get away from in playing this game.

I'm curious as to why you feel such a strong need for gearscore anyway if you play with a core of 15 trusted friends and associates... would you only group with them if they had some ridiculous meaningless number associated with them too?

I must admit though, gearscore is extremely good at pointing out bad players... usually the ones shouting in general "LFM MUST HAVE XXX GS, PRO RUN":rolleyes:

Bioware,

Thank you.

This is a joke, right? Because no one, no one could actually believe the a gear score equates to a skill level...

I'm curious as to why you feel such a strong need for gearscore anyway if you play with a core of 15 trusted friends and associates...

We're all 35+ yrs old and sometimes real life obligations come first. In those cases we're forced to pug 1-2 people. When that happens you don't wanna end up with a bunch of tools and gearscore is the perfect tool to determine who has skill or not.

I don't wanna waste time getting to know other players because 99% of the time their gear sucks so they will suck as a player. Of course there are exceptions, but this is very very very rare.

If you're a casual, you don't need GS, but if you're like us, pro-elite-hardcore gamers, you can't be arsed to get to know people and all that emo-bs.