Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

The Sith Point of View / Motivation?

Mashugana

What is the justification for war from the Sith point of view? The Star Wars mythology seems to continually show the Republic as favoring freedom, etc. and the Sith as monolithic evil.

How do the Sith see themselves? I'm having trouble from a lore perspective playing on the Sith side since all I see is them committing atrocities through hate - they must have some justification, right?

Is there lore from the Sith view?

In SWotR the sith motivation for this war is all about revenge, the jedi tried to hunt them to extinction not too long ago, and they are out for blood.

This.

Plus ruling the galaxy is the entire point of being Sith.

One all powerful Sith his chains broken, freed by the force, the ability to do anything he wants, anytime, anywhere for any reason (or no reason), all his opposition defeated, the Jedi wiped out and all others his followers.

If they didn't already have a reason to go to war they'd invent one.

You cannot really understand Sith from real world view point, to us they would be considered insane. No sane person would want to be a absolute sadistic tyrannical dictator, but this very is the goal of Sith.

So the easiest answer to your question is simply: because they are insane.

Edited by AngelousWang

There´s something more that has not been mentioned here: Sith Empire means order.

The Empire is the galactic version of the classic country where there is and Emperor that rules and a lot of people that obbey and try the others to do the same.

More than the half of this world live under an opressive regimen and they are happy, but we, the occidentals believe that they are not, because we are free and they are not. But the truth is that with every day it passes we destroy a few more our freedom and they, at least, stay in the same way, sometimes their freedom gets even better and they get even happier.

What i´m trying to say is that People can be happy in one of these opressive countries, and so they can in the Sith Empire. And the Error of the Republic and most of Occidental countries is to believe thats imposible and we have to save those poor stupids that are happy with what they have.

Sorry about my English and have a nice day.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.