Why are a "select few" getting to play , when we purchased the same thing?

cylak

Take it up with the vendor. Site offered the info from the beginning. If vendors didnt inform people they are the first to turn to.

My vendor was recommended to me by bioware's swtor page, as such bioware is just as guilty.

I remember when i was buying a netbook, oem without os, despite it being clearly stated in specs netbook had no os preinstalled shop still called me to inform me about that before confirming my purchase.

It's called goodwill, being fair, something bioware lacks theese days.

I was a fan of this company, but now all i see is large scamming corporation.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Man great start had my code in since 8-01 -11 even bought the collecter to what get screw and have to wait this is complete bull what the point of even pre-ordering to have to wait and going to love how all the people who got in today get to a clear head start. why not make it far and turn them off for then next wave get the same advantage.

hey guys, I wanted to play on EGA day one, but I still haven't entered my pre order code, I'm gonna enter it tomorrow and I want bioware to build a time machine and send me back and retro actively put me in the EGA from day one. If they don't...

I'm gonna sue icebergs, because they sunk the Titanic AND they act all victimized by global warming, ***?

(Am I making as much sense as these QQing little bishes yet?)

not after instant gratification, i want what i payed for, and the to be playing my PREORDER now like the other people who brought PREORDERS.

Having 2 sets of rules does not work, and again they are at fault here not me,if i was told by the supplier or if it was printed on the box then i would be at fault, i am not , they are

It is printed on the box though.

Oh yes, you did.

Also, we were told before we redeemed a code. It's written on the frigging box. In small letters, but one should always appreciate small letters. Also, it was all over the internet, on official site too.

Show me

not after instant gratification, i want what i payed for, and the to be playing my PREORDER now like the other people who brought PREORDERS.

Having 2 sets of rules does not work, and again they are at fault here not me,if i was told by the supplier or if it was printed on the box then i would be at fault, i am not , they are

What 2 rule sets ? - Really, there is one.

Preorder to get early access, which is ANYTIME before the 20th.

Early preorders, gets in first - it was stated everywhere, do some damn research.

stop crying because you failed @ information, its getting a bit borderline now.

Flip the preorder case and read the fine "bold" print - just below system requirements.

Hai, info. - stop QQ.

If you didnt get a box, go hit your retailer - its not Biowares fault that a retailer fails at thier work.

either allow all to play or none, they did not make the suppliers tell us nor did they print this information on the box.

As far as i am aware i purchased a preordered game, so why am i not playing? and no i was not told about the preorder system, WHICH puts them AT FAULT

From: Game Info button, "Preorder" page, near the bottom, in all the disclaimers.

"*Customers who redeem their Pre-Order Code at the Code Redemption Center prior to launch will be able to pre-load the Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Game Client before the official Game launch. Pre-loading the Game does not grant you access to the Game. Pre-Ordering the Game only allows you access to the Early Game Access period and your Color Crystal. Early Game Access may be up to 7 days. The length of your Early Game Access depends on the date and order in which you redeemed your Pre-Order Code. In order to continue playing the Game after the Early Game Access period, you must redeem your official Game Product Registration Code at the Code Redemption Center. "

Did I miss something?

Edited by kaloralros

My vendor was recommended to me by bioware's swtor page, as such bioware is just as guilty.

I remember when i was buying a netbook, oem without os, despite it being clearly stated in specs netbook had no os preinstalled shop still called me to inform me about that before confirming my purchase.

It's called goodwill, being fair, something bioware lacks theese days.

I was a fan of this company, but now all i see is large scamming corporation.

How's your tin foil hat?

Oh yes. Pre-order and I will give you up to 5 days access. JUST KIDDING, you only get 3 hours. And you are OK with that? I understand the need to be a fanboy for something you are excited about, but you are taking it too far.

Anyone stop to think why they increased it to 7 days? It wasn't for our benefit. It was because they have hardware that cannot handle the players and needed two more days. Does that not worry anyone else or are we all just blindly hoping the problem corrects itself before we all hit 50 and try some world pvp?

Yeah right, they suddenly realized BEFORE ANYONE EVEN LOGGED ON..that they would need more hardware. They're just that good of a company that they can see the future. You're not making much sense...

You're never going to KNOW for sure what kind of hardware you need for a launch..ever. It is not exact..there are millions of factors that play into it. A company like Bioware is not going to take any chances..that's WHY they had the stress tests during the weekends. But, they also realize that it doesn't matter how large your network is...hammering is BAD for business. Having 3 million people hammer the login servers at the exact same moment is NOT a good thing for any service..I don't care how planned you are. Just look at Cataclysm launch or the original WoW launch. Or any expansion launch they did for that matter..they had crippling login and stability issues every single time they launched.

What crippling issues has SWTOR had so far? Not a single one...unless you mean not inviting YOU to join the game. That's all I'm hearing from everyone..me me me. Screw you..what about the people that want a nice stable game to log into when it comes time? What about the people that aren't getting the pre-order? Should we let them all in too so they can play? I mean..they are technically paying for the exact same amount you are..since the fee for pre-order is applied to the software cost at launch. Maybe they didn't read the pre-order EGA information either or they would have bought the pre-order early? They should get in too YEAH!

Seeing as you for what ever reason like to go back the box, does it say on the box that you will get to play in the early access at the same time as everyone else, or did the suppler say that you will be in the early access on the first day?

See, that's your problem. Go find it yourself.

you will not find it because its not there, nor did the supplier tell me prior to buying, that other people who preordered would be playing before me

again they are at fault here, and they are liable.

I agree. Let's cancel this early access nonsense now and all wait until Dec. 20 to play.

would atleast be a date to hold on to...

They wont be able to schale up infrastructure in a day or two..

To use your 'waiting in line' analogy; What they have now is a one way bridge into an empty New york.

Saying theyre taking it slow cause there might not be enough room in the place.

Also you dont know you have to wait on the bridge because it was vaguely implied through wordplay...

That being said im pretty positive about most monkey people not reading anything specifically, ever. Its a companies task to reckognise what age group theyre targetting and market accordingly .. I cant see how people are defending their blatant fail in this